Athletic Trainer Job In Chesterton, Indiana
Water Safety InstructorNext Steps... Apply Now
Franciscan Health Fitness Centers
810 Michael Drive
PRN (As Needed);0.01/week
High School Diploma/GED Preferred
WHAT WE NEED
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Water safety is of prime importance for our pool facilities. During family hours, lap swimming, swim lessons and any pool use, we need certified lifeguards on duty. These lifeguards are responsible for the safety and welfare of our guests as well as the safety and general maintenance of the pool area. If you’re looking for a job where you can be responsible and help people enjoy the water, this is the spot for you!
Are you a certified lifeguard? Can you be authoritative and pleasant? Are you a responsible, observant person? If so, we have a place waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct swim and water safety lessons.
- Communicate regularly with participants and their parents, as appropriate, to ensure they are aware of progress.
- Keep swim safety as a first priority and continually monitor swimmers.
- Adapt teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants so they can meet course objectives.
- Complete records and reports in a timely manner .
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies in accordance with facility emergency action plans.
- Provide for the health and safety of all participants, including ensuring that all teaching and practice areas are free of hazards and that materials and equipment are in safe working order.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Strong customer service skills, communication, decision-making, leadership and public relation skills.
- Familiarity with American Red Cross Lean-to-swim levels.
- Understands club goals and policies.
- Fills in when necessary.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations in all written and unwritten emergency procedures.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
Certification(s): Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation; First Aid; Water Safety Instructor
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.