General Patient Care Job In Rensselaer, Indiana
Patient Care TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
1104 E Grace Street
Days; Holidays; Weekends
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Efficient health care techs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Exceptional quality health care doesn’t happen by luck; it happens because there is a team of health care professionals working together – each doing their own job to the highest standards and working together for a common goal. Health Care Technicians are an important part of this care team – treating each patient’s individual needs, documenting care, and supporting our staff.
Do you have excellent follow-through skills? Are you organized and able to multi-task? Do you love caring for people? Would you like to work in a place that values your skills and believes that serving with faith is the best possible way to serve? We have a team of people waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assess needs of the patient, identify and notify the appropriate service line of the patient’s arrival.
- Coordinate the flow of patients to service areas by calling units to check availability and assist with transporting patients.
- Update and maintain accurate patient care records for assigned patients.
- Enter, review and communicate order entry into the electronic medical records and confirm labels print for each test ordered.
- Perform venipunctures and finger sticks on patients while assuring correct volume, specimen type and transport conditions. Also collect throat and nasal cultures. Comply with the application of sterile technique.
- Provide quality patient care.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner.
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow well-defined instructions and comply with regulations, standards and procedures.
- Maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and other office staff.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.