General Patient Care Job In Dyer, Indiana
Residential AdvisorNext Steps... Apply Now
St. Francis Center
24 Joliet Street
Days; Evenings/Nights; Holidays; Weekends
Part-Time Benefit eligible;20.00/week
Bachelor's RequiredWHAT WE NEED
Positive influencesWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our residential care center helps patients learn age-appropriate social, emotional and intellectual behaviors. The residential advisor plays an important role in that process. Developing programs that meet the needs of patients and their families. Teaching and nurturing social skills. Leading directed activities to create a positive environment. These are just some of the important tasks performed by our residential advisors.
Are you good at working with people in crisis? Can you handle sometimes stressful situations and stay on task? Do you enjoy being part of a team? We’d love to talk to you about this special position.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate in teamwork, cooperation, quality assessment and evaluation.
- Assist with patient, family, staff education.
- Utilize therapeutic interventions and demonstrate clinical competence.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Assume responsibility for professional self-development.
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity for continued learning.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
- Assist with the orientation of new staff.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.