Physician Assistant Job In Chicago, Illinois
Sports Medicine Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Chicago, Illinois, 60612, United States
Job ID: 49455947
Position Title: Sports Medicine Physician Assistant
Company Name: Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Sector: Orthopaedic - PA
Entry Level: NO
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
It's the people that make the difference. Are you ready to make your impact?
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush is nationally recognized as a leader in comprehensive orthopedic services. The Orthopedic Program at Rush University Medical Center is ranked 4th in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Founded in 2003, MOR is comprised of internationally-renowned Orthopedic and Spine surgeons who pioneer the latest advances in technology and surgical techniques to improve the lives and activity levels of patients around the world. MOR doctors are the official team physicians for the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Fire Soccer Club and DePaul University Athletics.
Ready to join in? We are looking for an experienced Sports Medicine Physician Assistant at our Downtown Chicago location.
- Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by physician.
- Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
- Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Documents all patient encounters and care provided in Electronic Health Record.
- Utilizes practice technology including but not limited to electronic health record, dictation, and outcomes tools to their full capability to ensure excellent patient care.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
- Stays abreast of and complies with all state and federal laws including HIPAA, ADA, OSHA, and FLSA.
- Consults with other staff as necessary.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to this position.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs duties of co-workers and subordinates as workload dictates.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS, MS preferred; graduate of AMA accredited PA program
- Minimum three years experience as a PA, preferably in an orthopedic clinic setting
- Current Illinois state PA license
- Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current CPR Certification
Our employees make the difference in our patients' lives, and we value their contributions. Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to grow and develop your career with an industry leader. Come see what we're all about. Equal Opportunity Employer.