Physician Assistant Job In Gainesville, Georgia
Radiology PANext Steps... Apply Now
Gainesville, Georgia, 30501, United States
Job ID: 49479597
Position Title: Radiology PA
Company Name: Gainesville Radiology Group, PC
Sector: Radiology - PA
Entry Level: NO
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 0-1 Year
Required Travel: None
Gainesville Radiology Group is a an independent, physician owned and governed group, serving northeast Georgia since 1973. Due to excellent growth in this market, we are searching for a Physician Assistant to join our well-established team of 18 radiologists and 2 PAs. We provide coverage for Northeast Georgia Health System, which is comprised of 3 hospitals, 4 imaging centers and continually growing. This position will work in both Gainesville and Braselton, Georgia.
Competitive salary, excellent health benefits, CME, and professional liability included in compensation package.
- Takes reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with others. Recognizes and respects differences in the workplace. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and teamwork. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Provides appropriate patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Obtains patient's health history that is pertinent to their presenting complaint.
- Performs physical examination that is appropriate to the presenting complaint and historical data.
- Obtains the appropriate diagnostic studies necessary to evaluate differential diagnosis.
- Prescribes the appropriate medications and other treatment modalities within expertise and scope of practice.
- Formulates/ executes plans for management of common IR periprocedural issues, including but not limited to lab, transfusion, contrast, anticoagulation/ antiplatelet, and post procedure pain management issues.
- Provides detailed procedural education, including specific procedure risks, benefits, alternatives and expected outcomes. Participates in the informed consent process per institutional policy.
- Documents assessment, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care in the patient record.
- Identifies situations that are beyond their expertise as an IR PA or scope of practice and refers to the appropriate Radiologist.
- Applies sound judgement and skill in emergent situations.
- May be required to take evening, weekend and holiday call based upon company needs.
Scope of Practice, Principal Duties and Functions
Perform Interventional Radiology Procedures (with appropriate proctoring and privileges):
- Assist with interventional radiology and fluoroscopy procedures as directed by Radiologist.
- Perform injections, exchange and removal of drainage catheters to include GU and GI drains.
- Perform imaging guided thoracentesis and paracentesis.
- Perform venography and assist with arteriography.
- Perform PICC placement and repositioning with ultrasound d or fluoroscopic guidance.
- Placement, repositioning and removal of tunneled and non-tunneled catheters including implanted ports.
- Perform lumbar puncture and myelography under imaging guidance.
- Perform biopsy under imaging guidance to include thyroid and lymph node.
- Perform arthrocentesis and joint injections under imaging guidance.
- Placement of small-bore chest tubes under imaging guidance.
- Field phone calls to arrange necessary surgical, interventional and diagnostic procedures including but not limited to MRI, CT or ultrasound imaging with healthcare team.
- Perform fluoroscopy procedures such as UGIs, barium swallows and barium enemas.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certified as a Physician's Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). Licensed as appropriate in the state of Georgia.
- ACLS certification required
- Interventional Radiology or comparable invasive procedure experience preferred
- Prior experience performing fluoroscopy preferred
To apply: Send CV to Billie.firstname.lastname@example.org