Rheumatology Job In Roanoke, Virginia
RheumatologistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Carilion Clinic has an outstanding opportunity for a BC/BE Rheumatologist to join a well-established group of six rheumatologists and one nurse practitioner in a busy practice located in Roanoke, Virginia. Recruitment is currently underway to replace a retiring associate. Responsibilities include consultative care in both the outpatient and inpatient setting. The practice sees a wide variety of rheumatological cases and offers full-spectrum state-of-the-art treatments. This position also includes the teaching of medical students and residents and plans to start a Fellowship are underway. Academic appointment with the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine is available.
- 4.5 day per week work week
- Guaranteed base salary with productivity bonus and performance incentive
- Large referral base of primary care physicians (200+)
- X-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound, lab services and 10 chair infusion suite on site
- Fully-integrated EMR ( EPIC)
- Call 1:6
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes a Carilion funded pension plan, 403(b) and 457(b) savings plan
Carilion Clinic is a not-for –profit health care organization based in Roanoke, Va. Through our comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services, we work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians. With an enduring commitment to the health of our region, we also seek to advance care through medical education and research, help our community stay healthy, and inspire our region to grow stronger.
Roanoke, Virginia is a beautiful place to live and work. The area offers a low cost of living with a variety of arts, humanities, and cultural amenities. The climate is mild, but the area enjoys all four seasons. Residents enjoy running and walking on greenways, skiing and boating on nearby Smith Mountain Lake, or camping, biking and hiking on the trails of the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. Education is a priority here. We have award-winning schools and high-tech magnet centers. The U.S. Department of Education has recognized Roanoke Valley schools as among the nation’s best. There are several nationally ranked and internationally acclaimed colleges and universities in the area.
The Roanoke Valley is a metropolitan area of more than 300,000, nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Roanoke has amenities that you'd expect from a dynamic urban center, without losing the charming feeling of a smaller place. Expansion Management named Roanoke Valley one of its Five-Start Communities for quality of life. The ranking is based on a reasonable cost of living, affordable housing, low crime, excellent transportation access, good public schools, proximity to community colleges and universities, and educated workforce and low taxes.
- Mild weather and four seasons
- Bike the Blue Ridge Parkway and hike the legendary Appalachian Trail
- Boating, camping, swimming at Smith Mountain Lake, 500 miles of shoreline
- Theater, symphony, ballet, opera, fine arts, and museums
- Two hours to ski resorts, with chalets or five-star lodging
- US Department of Education has recognized Roanoke Valley Schools for being among the nation's best.
- Roanoke County, Roanoke City and Salem City school systems have Advanced Placement classes and the international Baccaulareate program.
- Nationally ranked & internationally acclaimed colleges and universities
- The National Civic League named Roanoke an All-American City six times
One of the largest hospitals in the state, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital (CRMH) is a 703-bed hospital with an additional 60-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The facility recently completed a large expansion project, adding a new Emergency Department, Labor and Delivery unit and the Carilion Clinic Children's Hospital complete with a Pediatric Emergency Room. Now in it's second century of providing premiere healthcare services, CRMH also features a Level I trauma center. In addition to offering high-tech services, the hospital is home to 24 Graduate Medical Education Programs affiliated with Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, University of Virginia and Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Patients have access to nearby specialty clinics, family medical centers, and a host of personalized treatment options, making this the region's most comprehensive group of healthcare providers.