Secretary & Assistant Job In Lafayette, Indiana
Unit SecretaryNext Steps... Apply Now
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
1701 Creasy Lane
Part-Time Benefit eligible;20.00/week
High School Diploma/ GED RequiredWHAT WE NEED
Professional multi-taskers with a passion for caring for others.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In a hospital, a secretary isn’t just a secretary. Yes, some of the basic skill descriptions are the same: good with computers, positive problem solver, detail-oriented and very organized. So what makes this job different? Our unit secretaries help provide compassionate, faith-based care to patients. From greeting visitors to answering call lights – this is a job that gives you the chance to take your clerical skills and focus them on a higher calling.
Are you an excellent administrative assistant with the ability to maintain confidentiality? Do you love a fast-paced environment? Are you good at supporting others and anticipating needs? Do you want to use your skills to help others? If so, we need to talk.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serve as liaison/unit representative.
- Greet and assist patients, visitors, physicians, students, and staff contacts consulting physicians.
- Answer call lights.
- Place room notification (i.e. magnets, signs) for patients who are fall risks, have wounds, or on isolation precautions.
- Transport patients.
- Assist with patient turning and lifting.
- Proficient computer skills
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.