Family Medicine Job In Savannah, Georgia
APD Family Medicine Residency - Memorial SavannahNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Pearce Browder: Sign in to view
Memorial Health University in Savannah is seeking an Associate Program Director for their existing Family Medicine Residency!
Exciting opportunity to be a part of growing a program that is focused on training residents in the Southeast to become full-scope family physicians. The program is a 6-6-6 program at Memorial Health University Medical Center. The residency has been in existence since 1970 and will continue to serve the Savannah community for years to come. The position provides opportunities to teach residents and medical students through a partnership with Mercer University School of Medicine's 4-year Savannah campus.
* Must be Board Certified in Family Practice
* Have 2 years of clinical experience post residency
* Be willing to combine Administrative and clinical Responsibilities (60/40)
* Work well in a team
* Non-surgical OB skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strongly motived to nurture and teach the next generation of family physicians
* Participation in scholarly activities, which may include peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations
Responsibilities will include:
* Assist with the operation of the Family Medicine residency program
* Assist with development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
* Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
* Participating in competency evaluations of residents
* Additional responsibilities to ensure program of excellence
Opportunity to join an HCA clinic. Interest in candidates willing to assume a leadership role in program development and building the family medicine continuity clinic. The faculty is responsible for the care of the patients in their practices through management of a personal panel of patients and the supervision of learners in the care of patients. Applicants must possess or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Georgia. Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Known as the Hostess City of the South, Savannah offers a great coastal lifestyle, a pleasant climate, and one of the largest historical districts in the country.
MHUMC is a major medical center that serves a diverse population of patients from a large geographical area. MHUMC is a 604-bed tertiary care hospital in Savannah, Georgia providing the most advanced healthcare provider in the region as the regional referral center for cardiac care, cancer care, trauma, pediatrics, high-risk obstetrics, and neonatology. Our hospital includes the region's only Level One Trauma Center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
Memorial University Surgeons is the area's largest group of highly skilled surgical specialists. We offer an array of life-changing surgical options, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery techniques including: Bariatrics and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Breast Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery, General Surgery, Oncology Surgery, Gynecologic Oncology, Head, Neck, and Endocrine Surgery, and Pediatric Surgery.
Memorial Health University Medical Center is an award-winning healthcare organization serving a 35-county area in southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Live and work in historic Savannah, Georgia.