Medical Records Job In Greenwood, Indiana
HIM Quality SpecialistNext Steps... Apply Now
Health Information Management
Flexible Work Location: This position must be seated at a Franciscan campus, preferably Greenwood or Hammond, however considerations will be made for other Franciscan hospital locations as well.
Flexible hours, typically 8am-4:30pm
Associate's required, Bachelor's preferredWHAT WE NEED
Health Information Quality ExpertWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We take the accuracy, completeness and compliance of our medical records very seriously. We require Health Information Management to do the same. This job has it all – from performing medical record integrity audits, to coordinating training. It requires a system data expert with great communication skills and sound judgment.
Are you detail-oriented? Do you have experience with medical record review, security and management? Do you enjoy training others? We need your skills.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform employee quality reviews for all HIM functions to ensure established quality standards are met.
- Perform random quality audits of scanning workflows across Franciscan to ensure data integrity of patient medical information.
- Review quality review results timely with HIM leadership.
- Coordinate communication and training with HIM departments and clinical departments across Franciscan as a result of the findings.
- Provide documentation to HIM leadership for corrective or disciplinary action as a result of quality reviews.
- Ensure corporate HIM policy and procedure, quality audit plan, orientation plan and operational workflows are maintained and standardized.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration within functional area(s).
- Perform subsequent audits resulting from corrective or disciplinary action.
- Summarize internal quality audit results for HIM employee performance evaluations.
- Summarize scanning workflow quality audit results for review with clinical departments.
- Maintain EPIC CT trainer status in HIM.
- Analyze findings from quality reviews to identify trends that do not align with established scanning policies and procedures. Coordinate communication and training as a result of the analysis.
- Function as an active member of the HIM Corporate management team providing HIM expertise to align with regional and corporate strategic plans and goals.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Work under pressure and balance a variety of activities simultaneously.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft applications (excel, word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Communicate clearly with patients, payer representatives, vendor representatives, and all levels of management both at the Corporate Office and throughout the System while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
- Work independently following established policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide support and input to management for opportunities of continuous quality improvement.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience, preferably with EPIC and HIM processing
Certification(s): Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA)
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
BILLING & HEALTH INFORMATION
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.