Physician Assistant Job In Portland, Oregon
Palliative Care and Hospice PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now
Palliative Care Hospice Physican
Job ID: 19-9561
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Providers - Specialties
NE Davis Building
We have a very clear mission at Legacy: to make life better for our patients, our community and each other. We show it every day, in everything we do. At Legacy, we have a fundamental responsibility to improve the wellness of everyone we touch and empower people to live healthier lives. If you are interested in joining a team that is making a difference, we would like to talk with you.
Legacy Medical Group is currently seeking a Hospice Physician.
- The physician will assist the Medical Director of Palliative and Hospice Care and will act as a comfort care/end-of-life resource to Legacy Health System and its community for teaching, clinical and administrative purposes.
- The Physician will support the Medical Director in comfort care consultation, education of physicians and staff, administration of projects, and development of clinical policies.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, patients, families, and colleagues.
- Excellent documentation and organization (multi-tasking) skills.
- Aptitude for strategic planning and program development.
- Ability to communicate compassion and empathy.
- Ability to motivate others to meet challenges and succeed.
- Ability to act as a role model for well-being/self-care practices.
- Ability to work well with multidisciplinary team under pressure.
- Working knowledge of clinical ethics as it relates to end-of-life care.
Qualification and Licensure Requirements
- Graduate of a four-year medical school or equivalent.
- Completion of a residency in an accredited residency program.
- Completed Palliative Care or Hospice fellowship.
- Current Oregon medical license.
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Willing to adhere to guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action
Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related services to the underserved
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive salary, hire-on bonuses, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full medical plan, malpractice coverage, retirement and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled