Medical Technician/Technologist Job In West Seneca, New York
SRO Medication Coordinator 1Next Steps... Apply Now
Category Mental Health - Residential
Type Regular Part-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department SRO Medication Room
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
1. Properly logs in all client medications. This includes checking labels for accuracy, completing proper documentation and storing
medications as per DePaul's policy and NYS Office of Mental Health regulations.
2. Makes copies of all prescriptions, updates client charts as well as the medication and treatment record when new medications or
change orders are prescribed.
3. Inventories medication counts in a timely fashion to identify medications that need to be ordered.
4. Ensures that prescriptions are refilled as needed.
5. Ensures effective systems are in place for the ordering of all medications.
6. Acts as a liaison with resident, doctors, pharmacies, providers, and residential staff as necessary to ensure timely and accurate
ordering of medications and appointment scheduling as needed.
7. Oversees the supervision of all residents' medications in accordance with physician's orders, agency policy and NYS Office of Mental
8. Reviews the Medications Administration Record (MAR) daily to ensure accuracy of the supervision of the medications.
9. Reports significant issues regarding client medications to the Medication Coordinator 2, Assistant Director or the Residential Services
Coordinator (i.e.: missed doses of medications, resident refusals, adverse reactions, etc.).
10. Assist with the training / orientation of all new applicable staff with regard to proper supervision of resident medications.
11. Responsible for the monitoring and documentation of all residents involved in the self-medication process.
12. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitudes towards all residents (as per respect
policy), family members, staff, guests and service providers.
13. Ensures the medication room is clean, organized, quiet and a welcoming environment for residents.
14. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program and the medication room in particular.
Education & Experience :
High School diploma / GED and excellent organizational skills as demonstrated by prior medication management experience, or advanced educational degree required. One (1) year experience working with medications.
* In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy.