EP Cardiology Job In San Antonio, Texas
Employed EP Cardiology Opportunity in sunny, San Antonio, TXNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Amber Holiman: Sign in to view
Methodist Healthcare, the largest provider of Cardiovascular services in South Texas, is recruiting an employed EP Cardiologist to join an established and successful cardiology practice in San Antonio, Texas.
This great city ranks as the 7th largest in the U.S. and continues to grow as young professionals and businesses take notice of the abundant opportunities the city offers.
Practice Highlights and Requirements:
* Practice includes more than 50 physicians, including general and interventional cardiologists, and 7 cardiac electrophysiologists
* Responsibilities include pacemaker/defibrillator implants, diagnostic EP studies and ablation therapy for SVT, VT, and atrial fib
* Lead extraction experience preferred, but not required
* Excellent call, EP only, no general cardiology: 1 weekend/month and 1 night/week
* Position based in medical center with opportunity for outreach in other growing parts of the market
Successful candidates will have 1-4 years' experience, should have a Texas license, or eligible, and be Board Certified or Board Eligible.
Robust compensation and recruitment package provided!
What does San Antonio offer?
* The San Antonio MSA has grown by 11.75% between 2010 and 2016 and is predicted to increase an additional 8.12% by 2021.
* Great restaurants and over 240 parks and 150 miles worth of walking, hiking and biking trails to help burn off all the delicious food SA has to offer.
* Family friendly - home to the San Antonio Spurs, major theme parks, several museums.
* No state income tax, tort reform state, and a lower cost of living than the Texas and national average.
About Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio:
Methodist Healthcare System - San Antonio is the largest provider of health care in South and Central Texas with 28 facilities including nine acute care hospitals serving over 94,000 inpatients and 500,000 outpatients annually. With more than 2,700 credentialed physicians, Methodist Healthcare System provides the largest array of medical services in the region including neurosurgery, cardiovascular services, transplants, oncology and women's services.
San Antonio (Spanish for "Saint Anthony") is the seventh most populous city in the U.S. and the second most populous city in Texas, with a population of 1.3 million. It was the fastest growing of the top 10 largest cities in the United States from 2000-2010. The city is located in the American Southwest, the south–central part of Texas, and the southwestern corner of an urban region known as the Texas Triangle.
Chartered in 1955, Methodist Hospital is the pioneer facility of the new world-renowned South Texas Medical Center. Opened in 1963, Methodist Hospital has grown to be the flagship facility of the Methodist Healthcare System, San Antonio's largest and most preferred health care provider. Methodist Hospital maintains this excellent reputation with a commitment to the hospital's needs by exceeding their expectations. With 672 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
Methodist Hospital is San Antonio's largest private hospital, as well as the largest provider of health care to rural communities in South Texas and international patients from Mexico.
In the late 1998, Methodist Hospital opened the Gamma Knife Center, the only one of its kind in San Antonio and South Texas. The Gamma Knife offers new radiosurgical technology designed exclusively for the non-invasive treatments of malignant and benign brain tumors, vascular malformations, and other neurological disorders.
Methodist Hospital offers many advanced imaging technologies that provide clear, detailed x-rays so physicians can diagnose and treat their patients' diseases. These tools include magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), 3T magnetic resonance imaging, computerized tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), cerebral angiography and picture arching and communications systems (PACS). PACS captures images through the computer instead of an x-ray film. As a result, physicians with the PACS software installed on their computers can view x-rays in their office, from several locations within the hospital and even from home, providing faster and more convenient access to their patients' x-rays.
Approximately 2,000 physicians representing virtually all medical specialties comprise the Methodist's medical staff. It also maintains one of the highest nurse-to-patient ratios in the Southwest.