General/Adult Psychiatry Job In Palm Springs, California
BC/BE Psychiatrist sought: I/P consults, O/P practice, with academic role. Employment model in Palm Springs, CANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Vanessa Higgins: Sign in to view
Tenet Healthcare, in collaboration with Desert Care Network seek to identify a well-qualified BC/BE Psychiatrist for a unique opportunity which promises to deliver in practice diversity, career growth, and lifestyle. Physician vacancy on account of a retirement thus position can be available immediately; 2020 Residents are strongly encouraged to inquire for this or an additional position.
Palm Desert Regional Medical Center, a GME certified teaching hospital offering four accredited residency programs including EM, IM, Neuro, and Neuro-Surgery. Teaching aspect involves block schedule rotations of Internal Medicine and Neurology residents to out-patient behavioral health clinic and monthly lectures to residents. In-patient services consist of 2-hour morning consults, scheduled 4 days per week with Hospitalist staff physicians and residents. ER call duties are preferred but not required. There are no in-patient Psychiatric beds in the hospital; closest transferring facility is in Riverside, CA. The hospital employs a full-time MSW, a licensed Psy-clinical social worker for support. The out-patient clinic is located within the hospital campus. A brand new 85-bed behavioral health inpatient facility is slated to open in 2021. Tenet Health will support and collaborate with Arcata Health in this endeavor.
Additional Practice Features:
· Employment benefits: Salary plus RVU incentives; family health benefits; CME; PTO; 401k; & more
· Procured liability insurance, sign-on bonus, plus paid relocation expenses
· Mon-Fri 8-hour days, no weekend clinic, with optional ER call
· Educate IM & Neurology Residents in behavioral health consults
· Academic appointment in a collegial teaching environment
· Professionally managed administrative practice responsibilities; 1:1 MA support
About the Community: Palm Springs, CA is famously known as a desert resort city. Located in Southern California, it is just over 100 miles east of Los Angeles in the West Coachella Valley. This picturesque desert with palm tree lined streets, shadowed by the majestic San Jacinto Mountains, offers year-round sunshine, an abundance of amenities such as high-end shopping, fine dining, theater, and live music. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy world-class golf and tennis. Nearby, Big Bear Mountain offers ski resorts, hiking, and climbing. Once known as a retirement and winter vacation destination, the Coachella Valley has attracted many young families and is home to approximately 600,000 residents. It continues to be one of the fastest growing areas in California.
About the hospital:
· Founded in 1948, Desert Regional Medical Center is operated by Tenet Health
· The 387-bed tertiary acute care hospital is a designate Lev II Trauma Center
· Over 300 active physicians on staff represent over 40 medical specialties
· Core service lines: cardiology; orthopedics; neurosciences; neonatal services, and oncology.
· Recognizes services: Comprehensive Cancer Center; Neonatal unit; advanced certification by Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke and Cardiac Center; certified programs in spine surgery and hip and knee replacement and a dedicated Neuro-intensive care unit
· GME Department offers four accredited residency programs (Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Neurological Surgery).
Qualifications: BC/BE in Psychiatry. The Ideal candidate will have some residency/teaching experience but upcoming graduating graduated resident are encouraged to apply to start in July. This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
Palm Springs and La Quinta are in Southern California's Coachella Valley where approximately 500,000 people reside. This beautiful Desert region, nestled at the foothills of the San Jacinto Mountains, offers daily sunshine and an abundance of shopping, restaurants, sports and cultural activities. Just a little farther away you can enjoy snow sports in Big Bear Mountain and water sports at the Colorado River. Getting to Los Angeles, San Diego and the beaches of Orange County is about a 2 hour drive.
John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital was founded in 1966 by a group of physicians including Dr. Carreon, who later had one of the hospitals cross streets named in his honor. Originally called Indio Community Hospital, the hospital grew from a 112-bed hospital to the 158-bed JFK Memorial Hospital of today.
JFK Memorial Hospital is part of Tenet, California. Our acute care hospital has provided medical care to residents in the Central/Eastern Coachella Valley since 1966.
The hospital features:
- Emergency Care 24/7
- Orthopedic and joint replacement services using emerging technology
- Sports Medicine Program
- Cardiovascular services
- Maternity care and pediatric services
- Ambulatory surgery center
- Imaging services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
JFK Memorial Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the nation’s oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency. JFK is the recipient of several prestigious healthcare awards in the last year.