RN Job In Tacoma, Washington
Registered Nurse (Med Surg RN)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Matrix Providers is currently seeking a qualified Full Time Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Med Surg RN) to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Madigan Army Medical Center located on Joint Base Lewis-McChord just outside the Tacoma/Seattle, Washington area.
Benefits for Registered Nurse (Med Surg RN):
• Status: Full-Time
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401K Plan
The Registered Nurse (Med Surg RN) must have the following qualifications:
• Degree/Education: A diploma, Associates (AA/RN), Bachelors (BSN), Masters(MSN) or Doctorate in Nursing from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) from a professional nursing program at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Verification from an accredited U.S. College or University
• Certifications: In addition to Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
• Licensure/Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Does not require a WA license to work at JBLM
• Experience: One-year experience is preferred
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United States, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
We are hiring Healthcare Providers to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Jt. Base Lewis-McChord, Tacoma Washington
Located on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Madigan Army Medical Center comprises a network of Army medical facilities located in Washington and California that serve more than 100,000 active duty service members, their families and retirees. Since its opening in 1944 as a temporary hospital for war wounded, Madigan has grown into a tertiary care medical center providing a wide array of medical services, such as general medical and surgical care, patient-centered adult and pediatric primary care, a 24-hour emergency room, specialty clinics, behavioral health and wellness services. Madigan is proud to be a part of a dominant power projection platform as a provider of safe, quality care; an unparalleled education facility; a state-of-the-art research platform; a leader in readiness & deployment medicine, and an engaged community partner since 1944.
As the U.S. Army’s second largest medical treatment facility and a state-of-the-art and technologically advanced medical center, Madigan is one of only two designated Level II trauma centers in Army Medicine and one of four in the state of Washington. Madigan participates in a unique partnership created in the late 1990s with St. Joseph Medical Center and Tacoma General Hospital called the Tacoma Trauma Trust to provide care to non-beneficiary trauma victims beyond the gates of Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
Madigan maintains approximately 220 beds for inpatient care, and can expand to accommodate more than 300 inpatients during periods of urgent need including emergencies. Outpatients are seen at the hospital's medical mall complex handling nearly one million visits annually. Madigan performs more than 45 surgeries, fills nearly 4,000 prescriptions, and delivers eight babies daily.
In keeping with its reputation as an unparalleled teaching facility and modern research platform, Madigan also offers outstanding Graduate Medical and Nursing Education Programs. In fact physician, nurse and medic students enrolled in Madigan’s Graduate Medical Education programs consistently score in the 90th percentile on state and national examinations. Additionally, Madigan’s Andersen Simulation Center, which helps train thousands of doctors, nurses and medics each year, holds the distinction of being the first educational institution in the Department of Defense accredited by the American College of Surgeons.
Madigan also performs research across the entire spectrum of clinical trials, from phase I to phase IV, allowing critical safety and efficacy data to be collected for health interventions.
Madigan falls under Regional Health Command - Pacific, which is one of four regional health commands operated by the U.S. Army Medical Command.