Health Unit Coordinator Job In Hammond, Indiana
Health Unit CoordinatorNext Steps... Apply Now
5454 Hohman Avenue
Days/Evenings; Holidays; Weekends
Part-Time Benefit eligible
High School Diploma/ GED RequiredWHAT WE NEED
Top-notch troubleshooterWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our medical units are the front line of hospital care. It’s where patients & families, doctors & nurses, cafeteria aides & janitors all come together. When any unit runs like a well-oiled machine, there’s usually one person to thank: the Health Unit Coordinator. If you’re an excellent coordinator who loves problem solving, greeting people with a smile, and working in a faith-filled environment – keep reading.
Are you able to juggle on-call schedules, phone calls & patient requests with a smile? Do you have excellent multi-tasking skills? Are you a conscientious people-person? Do you want to put your skills to work in a place that values compassionate, faith-based care? We’ve got a special opportunity waiting for you.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Respond to call lights and direct the inquiry to the appropriate party; activate alerts; monitor tube system where applicable and utilizes proper response etiquette.
- Greet and assist patients, visitors, physicians, students, and staff; answers their questions utilizing appropriate response standards and coordinate the activities of nursing staff, physicians, hospital departments, patients and visitors to act as a first line customer service advocate.
- Facilitate communication of patient information, working within the unit as well as with other units and departments; report pertinent information in a timely and accurate manner to ensure appropriate parties have all needed.
- Answer multi-line telephones answering the caller’s questions or directing the caller to the appropriate party; utilize proper telephone etiquette and respond within the defined service standards.
- Provide unit support by assisting with bed assignments and maintaining accurate patient locations in Epic.
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new employees to ensure all employees receive consistent and accurate information.
- Transcribe physician orders as required, utilizing basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, disease process, medical terminology, and accepted abbreviations to ensure timely and accurate completion of patient care records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Prior Healtcare or related experience.
- Adapt to high volume and high stress areas.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and other office procedures.
- Adapt to multiple clinical settings.
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, hardware, and communication devices to perform tasks.
- Customer service skills.
- Organize and maintain file systems.
- Knowledge of types of health information and the rules and regulations surrounding their use.
- Show sincere interest in others and their concerns.
- Handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Quality improvement processes.
- Time management.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Certified Nursing Assistant
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel: Never or Rarely
Shift: 8 or 12 hours
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.