OB/GYN Job In Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Established OB/GYN Group with Robotics --West Central PANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Emily Bean, CPRP: Sign in to view
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center--located in Johnstown, PA- 70 miles east of Pittsburgh, is the flagship of Conemaugh Health System and home to a Level 3 NICU, Level 1 Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center.
As the most technologically-sophisticated facility between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, Conemaugh Memorial is searching for a skilled OB/Gyn physician to join a thriving practice comprised of a talented team of Midwives, OB/Gyns, MFMs and Neonatologists for its program Joint Commission-certified in Perinatal Care!
About the Position:
- Conemaugh earned its second Perinatal Care Certification from The Joint Commission and achieved an “A” Rating in Patient Safety from the Leapfrog Group!
- Outpatient practice is conveniently located on the hospital campus
- Support of four OB/Gyn physicians, midwifery program, MFMs and Neonatologists!
- Robotic-assisted surgical system for gynecological surgeries
- Advanced Operating Rooms
- State-of-the-art imaging, including 3D mammograms
- Air transport service
- EMR: Epic
- Teaching opportunities!
- EMR: Epic
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package including sign-on, relocation, stipends while you train, student loan assistance and more!
About the Community:
- Johnstown was listed as #1 of 11 Best Small Towns in Pennsylvania by PlanetWare
- Family-friendly, safe community and short commutes
- Outdoor recreation abounds with beautiful hiking, biking, and running trails
- Water enthusiasts enjoy tubing and kayaking on the waterways
- Arts offerings for children and adults, including art classes and local galleries to enjoy
- Entertainment including the Johnstown Symphony Orchestra, musical performances and concerts, semi-pro Johnstown Tomahawks hockey team
- Easy access to large cities: Pittsburgh (70 mi.); Washington, DC (180 mi); Baltimore (180); Philadelphia (239 mi)
The city of Johnstown is home to high-performing schools and safe, affordable neighborhoods that make working, living and raising a family in west central Pennsylvania special. The region is alive with music and the performing arts including the Johnstown Symphony and the Johnstown Concert Ballet. Opportunities for educational advancement are prevalent including the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Saint Francis University, Mount Aloysius College, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College, and Cambria-Rowe Business College. Previously an industrial community, Johnstown was known for 'modernized steel production' producing of millions of tons of steel for railroads, warships, bridges and common nails. Many of the steel industry's greatest advances were forged in Johnstown, including the Bessemer process and the three-high rolling mill. Johnstown gained national attention in May 1889 when the South Fork dam broke causing a devastating flood taking 2,209 lives. In years following the flood, immigrants still arriving in Johnstown brought customs, religions and cuisines of their homelands, all of which contributed to the now heritage-rich character of the city.
Hiking, biking and running trails through woods and across streams are prevalent in Johnstown, PA. Four-season recreation is prevalent including winter activities at some of the most acclaimed resorts on the East Coast, and summer fun throughout the community including heritage and craft festivals, and attractions like nearby Idlewild Park & SoakZone, voted Best Children's Park. Johnstown is home to the All-American Amateur Baseball Association Tournament held each summer, the Johnstown Tomahawks - member of the North American Hockey League, the World's Steepest Vehicular Inclined Plane, and interactive museums that celebrate the area's heritage.
Conemaugh Health System is the largest health care provider in west central Pennsylvania, serving over a half-million patients each year through the Conemaugh Physician Group and Medical Staff, a network of hospitals, specialty clinics and patient focused programs. Conemaugh’s 4,500+ employees and 350+ physicians are committed to excellence and repeatedly earn state and national recognition for exceptional clinical outcomes. Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, the system’s flagship hospital, provides sophisticated technology, the highest levels of trauma and neonatal intensive care and a committed history of training tomorrow’s physicians, nurses and allied health providers.