A municipal hospital in Spencer, IA is seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist who are interested in both outpatient and inpatient work.
Job Quick Facts
* Specialty: Psychiatry
* Facility Location: Spencer, Iowa
* Board Requirements: BC/BE (within 3 years of completing residency)
* License Requirement: IA
* Work Experience: 1 year min. inpatient psychiatry experience required; 3 year psych experience preferred
* Reason for Need: Vacancy -Permanent Search
* Service Setting: Inpatient/Outpatient
* Coverage Period: ASAP- Ongoing
* Coverage Type: Schedule Clinical Hours + Call
* Shift Schedule: M-F (8 am - 5 pm); with 4th weekend coverage
* Call coverage: 1:4
* No. of patients per shift: 5-9
* No. of beds: 15
* Additional Information
- Start the day with Inpatient rounds, then move to outpatient around noon until 5 pm
- Outpatient clinic integrated within the Family Medicine Clinic
* Credentialing: 50-90 days
* EMR: Allscript
* Highly competitive salary and benefits package
* Loan assistance upon signing
The facility is a 15 bed multidisciplinary Behavioral Hospital located in northwestern Iowa. The hospital has been designated as a national Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by the Chartis Center for Rural Health for five consecutive years.
The community has a population of 11,700, located 20 miles from the Iowa Great Lakes which offers boating, skiing, fishing and many other recreational activities. The area is home to over 15 golf courses. 6 elementary schools, 3 public, 1 Catholic, 1 Lutheran Public junior high and high school. There are also many theater and other cultural opportunities within the community.