Nursing Assistant Job In Gunnison, Colorado
Nursing Assistant (PRN)
This job was posted today. Be one of the first applicants.
Assists Nursing Service personnel in the performance of a variety of duties directly and indirectly related to patient care delivery always under the direction and supervision of the professional nurse. Functions according to the policies and procedures Gunnison Valley Hospital and the Department of Nursing. Reports the results of all treatments and procedures to the nurse.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent. Successful completion of an approved Nursing Assistant course preferred. Completion of a healthcare vocational program preferred.
Experience: Experience in a hospital or similar facility preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Maintenance of current CPR or BLS required.
· Demonstrates ability to present ideas and information in a concise, effective and interpersonally appropriate manner through written and oral forms.
· Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility and ownership for the outcome of all actions and decisions with particular emphasis on customer satisfaction and fiscal performance
· Demonstrates the ability to support and implement effective change in order to enhance organizational performance
· Demonstrates the ability to work toward a shared purpose or goal by collaborating, partnering, or cooperating with others.
· Assesses stock, obtains supplies and charges central supplies (except medications).
· Identifies safety requirements based on the age of the person that the services are being provided for.
· Makes observational rounds as directed by the professional nurse.
· Observes and assists patients throughout the tour of duty under the direction of the professional nurse. Reports findings to the professional nurse.
· Prioritizes daily responsibilities so as to complete all necessary duties within the designated shift
· Notifies professional nurse as soon as possible of situations or circumstances occurring which may interfere with the completion of assigned duties within the designated shift.
· Assists in maintaining a safe, orderly, clean and comfortable environment for patients, visitors and employees. This includes maintaining patient rooms and kitchen neat and orderly.
· Under the direction of the professional nurse, assists in performing selected procedures, simple treatments, comfort and safety measures and activities of daily living for patients
· Maintains isolation techniques according to standard
· Assists in the admission, transfer, and discharge of patient
· Assists with the admission process by obtaining admission v/s and allergies and documents in the computer system and on appropriate form
· Responsible for performing quality control on accucheck per policy and restocks appropriate supplies routinely.
· Reports to the professional nurse when leaving and returning to unit
· Reports to nursing unit promptly at scheduled start of shift
· Remains on unit until shift ends unless otherwise assigned or released by the Patient Care Manager/Administrative Supervisor
· Applies appropriate principles of Corporate Compliance Program as it relates to the specific age population served.
· Provides primary care for the Swing Bed patient, per RN Care Plan.
· Participates in drills and emergency response training
· May be called in for GVH disaster response.
· Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $15.00/hr - $17.25/hr, depending on experience.
PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Care Act Eligibility guidelines.
Gunnison, Colorado is a vibrant and diverse community surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. Its combination of natural beauty and recreational activities makes Gunnison the ideal place for an active lifestyle.
Whether you're interested in skiing or hiking, our unique location has it all. Enjoy exhilarating outdoor recreation, relaxing weather and breathtaking wilderness. All within a hometown setting where you'll still find authentic Western heritage, unspoiled nature and friendly, unpretentious people.
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and the surrounding areas. Gunnison Valley Health is proud to provide a comprehensive spectrum of care for the varied health requirements of our community members throughout every stage of their lives.
Gunnison Valley Health is not just a hospital, it is a fully integrated health system that includes almost every aspect of healthcare. From our Family Birthing Center to our Senior Care Center to the Cancer Care Center and the philanthropic foundation, Gunnison Valley Health is here to keep Gunnison County living well together!