Academic Medicine Job In El Paso, Texas
Academic Internal Medicine opening in TexasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Melanie Yenchai: Sign in to view
TTUHSC El Paso - Transmountain and Tenet Healthcare have collaborated and built a new, 106 bed teaching hospital and academic medical office building in west El Paso. Both of which were designed to serve undergraduate medical education, and future resident physicians. The facility is designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training facility for up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Provides consultations and clinical services in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substance registrations, board certifications, hospital privileges and third party payer enrollments in good standing
- Supervises residents and participates in teaching activities for medical students and/or residents
- Participates in research and/or scholarly activities
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of Associate Professor or Higher
- M.D. / D.O.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program in Internal Medicine
- Licensed or eligible for an unrestricted medical license in the State of Texas
About El Paso
El Paso has been ranked one of the “50 Safest Metro Cities in America 2017’ by the SafeWise Report. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, city residents enjoy:
- 300 + days of sunshine a year
- Historic/cultural sites
- Biking, casinos, golf courses, shopping, fine dining, theatre, minor league baseball/soccer games
- International airport centrally located
- Affordable cost of living
- Area well known for the top ranked public and private schools
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
2.8 million people live in the region of El Paso. There is an active Army base with 31,000 members. El Paso is one of the most family friends cities in the country, and ranked the second safest largest city. El Paso’s residents enjoy a lower than average cost of living and successful public school system that has been the model for other school systems in the country. There are private schools as well to chose from. Families can enjoy the many public parks (home to the largest urban park in the nation) and golf courses year-round in addition to over 50 museums and art galleries. The Sun Bowl is located in El Paso. Texas is a tort reform state; therefore, physician friendly. El Paso has a minor league baseball team, symphony, museums, excellent dining options and shopping. The El Paso airport is very easy to get in and out of making travel simple and efficient. You can enjoy living in the mountains, and skiing is just two hours away.
A partnership with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) El Paso, this new teaching hospital will establish the infrastructure to provide high-quality clinical care in northwest El Paso and southern New Mexico. Indeed, The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus will create more than 300 jobs with a median income of $45,000.
Even more, the 106-bed facility will establish a world-class training site for the area’s future health care professionals, positioning El Paso as a regional health care hub. The new Residency programs will begin in the year 2020 and will ultimately create up to 75 new Residency slots- a critical step towards the development and retention of physicians in our community. More specifically, this hospital, through its partnership with TTUHSC El Paso, will enhance educational training in specialties such as family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, and surgery. Additionally, the hospital will offer conventional medical services. These services will include:
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology Medicine/Surgery
- ENT Medicine/Surgery
- GI Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Neurological Medicine
- Normal Newborns
- Oncology Medicine/Surgery
- Orthopedic Medicine/Surgery
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Urology Medicine/Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Upon opening in January 2017, the hospital will be staffed by both TTUHSC faculty and private community physicians- truly a unique environment that will ensure that all patients in the community are readily served.