Hospitalist Job In Tehachapi, California
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley is a 25-bed critical access hospital providing quality care to 239 inpatients, including more than 12,470 emergency room visits in 2018.
- 2 physician team
- Open ICU
- Procedures are required
- The schedule is 7 on/7 off days only; telemedicine covers nights
- Internal medicine trained physician preferred
- 1+ year of hospitalist experience required
- Part-time option available
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Tehachapi is a city in the Tehachapi Mountains of southern California. With a beautiful viewpoint that overlooks the Tehachapi Loop, a long, spiral section of the railway track. This city is known for the Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm, Main Street Tehachapi, and the Tehachapi Depot Museum. Tehachapi is just 40 minutes outside of Bakersfield, California with a higher elevation, cooler temperatures year-round with all four seasons, cleaner air, and lots of outdoor activities to enjoy.
- Just under two hours to L.A.
- Low cost of living; median home price is less than 300k
- Conveniences of a large city, yet the charm of a small town with just over 12,000 residents
- Parks, hiking trails, and family-friendly events to enjoy all year
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.