RN Job In Grand Rapids, Michigan
RN Case Manager ($5,000 Sign On Bonus)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Candice Losego: Sign in to view
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Manager, the RN - Case Manager provides intermittent skilled nursing services; communicates the patient’s progress with other disciplines and directs, supervises and instructs non-professional home health aide staff in the provision of personal care to the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the Physician’s order, admits patients eligible for home care services within 24-48 hours
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs/problems, identifies mutually agreed upon goals with patients
- Reports patient status and need for other disciplines to agency Clinical Supervisor and referring Physician
- Reports to assigned follow-up Clinician as indicated
- Develops patient care plan that specifically addresses identified patient problems; patient problems and goals
- Updates care plans on an ongoing basis; revises and resolves patient problems and goals as changes occur and/or at recertification
- Completes admission paperwork and patient care plan submitted to Clinical Supervisor per agency policy following the admission including completed and signed admission checklist
- Provides intermittent Skilled Nursing services including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching, and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care
- Provides Skilled Nursing visits according to visit schedule and notifies agency of need to alter schedule in any way
- Reports significant findings to patient’s Physician and Clinical Supervisor as they occur
- Submits completed skilled nursing visit notes; communication notes and home health aide supervisory notes per agency policy on designated days as requested by Clinical Supervisor
- Submits change orders per agency policy
- Performs all OASIS time point assessment per Medicare Criteria and submits recertification paperwork per agency policy and procedure
- Maintains open lines of communications to all members of the continuum of care team.
- Supervises Home Health Aide and license and documents per Medicare criteria and per agency policy and procedure
- Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new nursing staff as requested
- Attends staff meetings, team conferences and educational in-services per agency requirements
- Participates in Process Improvement (PI) program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request
- Participates in discharge planning process Medicare Criteria and agency policy and procedure
- Follows agency policies and procedures
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator
- Able to lift 40 pounds from floor to shoulder
- Repetitive walking, standing, sitting, bending, and use of hands
- Able to drive a car 2-4 hours per day
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Current unencumbered State Professional Nurse License
- Automobile to be used for work, current driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance
- The ability to make sound professional clinical judgment
- The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs
- Proficient clinical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in personal computer use, including e-mail, clinical, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- One year of experience as a home care professional nurse and is competent in performing home care comprehensive assessment
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
If you share our philosophy, come share our success and exceptional growth potential.
Making every moment count
We believe that quality of life starts with excellent care provided by our team We are proud to acknowledge that all of our locations are accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) – one of the most stringent accrediting bodies in the nation. Some of our Career opportunities include:
- Nurses - RN's (Field and Management)
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Home Health Aides
- Medical Social Workers