Receptionist and Front Office Job In Norfolk, Virginia
SchedulerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Candice Losego: Sign in to view
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Scheduler indirectly participates in the provision of high quality patient care for home health clients. She/he ensures schedules are prepared to meet demands for service and visit assignments in accordance with the plan of care and state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports direct care of patients by providing field staff scheduling and making adjustments to schedules in agency software to accommodate physician orders by working alongside the Clinical Supervisor to ensure continuity and quality of care as outlined by agency policy
- Reviews scheduling request report and makes changes to the schedule as requested
- Reviews agent summary report and follows up with staff on issues discovered, i.e. notes not synched back, late documentation
- Communicates with the Clinical Manager about unresolved issues regarding delinquency of documentation through coordination notes
- Serves as back office content expert for EMR
- Assigns buddy codes as needed and ensures completion of documentation related to buddy codes
- Precepts new back office employees
- Tracks patients for Team conference and ensures completion of documentation
- Ensures patient referral to therapy contractor is completed via fax and/or telephone
- Verifies with therapy company receipt of the referral
- Manually enters visits completed by therapy staff and ensures functional assessments are flagged appropriately
- Processes therapy reassessment warning and ensures functional assessments are scheduled
- Processes missed visits
- Runs hospital hold report and follows up with hospital to ensure services are prepared for patient resumption of care
- Attends educational in-services and staff meetings, as required
- Prepares, runs, and distributes reports from clinical software systems to healthcare team as needed
- Maintains open lines of communication with all members of the healthcare team and answers office phones appropriately as needed
- Follows agency policies and procedures
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator
- Able to lift 40 pounds from floor to shoulder along with repetitive walking, standing, sitting, bending and use of hands
- Has average hearing and vision
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Two years administrative experience in an office environment, preferably in healthcare
- Proficiency in personal computer use including e-mail, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Associate or higher college degree
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding preferred
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
If you share our philosophy, come share our success and exceptional growth potential.
Making every moment count
We believe that quality of life starts with excellent care provided by our team We are proud to acknowledge that all of our locations are accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) – one of the most stringent accrediting bodies in the nation. Some of our Career opportunities include:
- Nurses - RN's (Field and Management)
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Home Health Aides
- Medical Social Workers