Nurse Practitioner Job In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Critical Care (Nocturnist)Next Steps... Apply Now
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - Philadelphia (CTCA Philadelphia) has served the Philadelphia area since 2005. CTCA Philadelphia is part of the larger Cancer Treatment Centers of America family that provides world-class care across the country with five inpatient hospitals and additional outpatient treatment facilities. Patients at CTCA Philadelphia receive a wide range of cancer care with numerous treatment options including clinical trials.
CTCA Philadelphia has received numerous awards for its standards of care including US News and World Report's award for a high-performing hospital for colon cancer and lung cancer surgery. In February, CTCA Philadelphia was named among the top patient-recommended hospitals in the country based on HCAHPS scores.
- 74-bed cancer treatment center
- Team of 2.5 advanced practitioners
- 12-bed, co-managed ICU; Procedures are required
- Part-time option available
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
The Critical Care Advanced Practice Provider will provide in-house night coverage and support for inpatients. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Critical Care APP who is procedurally proficient and comfortable with the oncology population. He or she will be autonomous within the hospital, with subspecialty backup. Sound Critical Care's Tele-ICU Intensivists will provide remote support and Sound Hospital Medicine physicians will care for patients during the day. All three Sound service lines will work together to provide the highest level of care possible for patients. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, cardiac and neuro patients (LVAD, ECMO, TAVR, etc)
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in Philadelphia
- Minimum 5 years of practice experience as critical care NP/PA required; not open to new grads
Location & Lifestyle
The Philadelphia community is a vibrant and diverse city, offering a wealth of activities from professional sporting teams, museums, theatres, concerts, and excellent restaurants.
- Comprehensive public transit system
- Wide range of family friendly suburban communities
- Less than two hours to New York City and Washington D.C.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.