Finance and Accounting Job In Hendersonville, North Carolina
Senior Accountant for Hospital FoundationNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
The Opportunity | Pardee Memorial Hospital Foundation
The Pardee Memorial Hospital Foundation, located in Hendersonville, NC, is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to educate and inspire individuals, businesses, and organizations to support Pardee UNC Health Care services and programs while advancing the health and well-being of the community through prevention and treatment. Following a recent change in executive leadership, the Foundation seeks to fill key senior staff positions to help advance the work of the Foundation and its impact. Applications will be reviewed immediately upon receipt with an anticipated employment start date of February 2021.
The Community | Hendersonville, North Carolina
Hendersonville is surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and is home to DuPont Recreational Forest with its stunning waterfalls and varied terrain. It is one of the smallest towns in the country to have a paid symphony and an aquarium. Thirty non-chain restaurants line its charming Main Street. The area’s love for the arts is exemplified by the Flat Rock Playhouse, the State Theater of North Carolina; the thoughtfully restored Carl Sandburg Home; and murals painted on brick buildings and bear statues scattered throughout the downtown. Located about twenty miles from Asheville, NC and just 40 miles from Greenville, SC, Hendersonville is convenient to many activities and events throughout the region.
Job Description| Senior Accountant for the Foundation
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting and management of the Foundation’s financial resources. This includes but is not limited to performing gift processing and donor recognition functions, preparing monthly financial reports, processing expenses, preparing for the annual audit, and preparing and distributing financial reports to the Executive Director and Board. This person will also be expected to analyze and synthetize financial and donor data to inform the management decision process. Reports to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Manages and coordinates the day-to-day administration of the Foundation’s financial system
- Provides oversight for preparing pledge reminders and acknowledgment letters
- Performs bookkeeping functions for the Foundation Board
- Operates and maintains Raiser’s Edge donor software and additional software programs in proficient manner
- Reconciles weekly Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge reports with deposits, assists with preparation of financial audit material
- Provides financial oversight and reporting for all grants received by the Foundation
- Maintains department payroll and time records
- Creates and manages dashboards and analytical tools to help management identify trends and changes in both the financial data and donor giving patterns
- Reviews and verifies data to ensure that all data, codes, and statistics have been accurately recorded
- Records all pledges/terms/gifts and prepares financial records and reports
- Provides oversight in the implementation, production, coordination and reporting results of all Foundation campaigns and events
- Maintains the confidentiality of all donors and strictly maintains all HIPPA regulations.
Candidates should include a cover letter, a resume, and a list of three references. All material will be confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to Jen Tozier at Capital Development Services, 336-747-0133 x 208.