Administration & Executive Job In Omaha, Nebraska
EVP Healthcare Director BTNRH - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Boys Town National Research Hospital is seeking an Executive Vice President of Healthcare to lead the National Research Hospital and Clinics. You will be responsible for all activities of Boys Town National Research Hospital, Clinics, and Psychiatric services, setting strategic direction and assuring that department staffs are meeting all programmatic and budgetary objectives and goals. The National Research Hospital provided care to more than 52,000 children and families in 2019. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develops and executes the Vision and Strategy for the BTNRH through developing and implementing short-term objectives and long-term goals directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs and coordinates activities of medical, nursing, and administrative staff and services.
- Ensures accountability through the regular and systematic evaluation of overall operations.
- Supervises and is directly responsible for the effectiveness of BTNRH Division Directors who oversee key Department functions.
- Ensures healthcare operational compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Provides input to overall strategic direction to clinical and research activities.
- Creates an atmosphere of enthusiasm and energetic commitment on the part of the BTNRH staff and serves as a role-model in carrying out the Mission, following the Principles and reflecting the Values of Boys Town.
- Represents Boys Town in the medical community and ensures the provision of high-quality services attracting both physicians and patients.
- Assures the sound financial management of the organization by setting operating guidelines and directing the development of relevant financial reports and management information systems to monitor the organization's performance.
- Administers and maintains hospital policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Prepares and leads Health Care Committee meetings and Board meetings in healthcare related matters.
- Develops budget and monitors for adherence.
- Provides the Chief Executive Officer with timely information regarding all matters for hospital operations, budget, National Health Care Committee, and Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration required or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work; Master's degree in Healthcare Administration /MBA preferred.
- Doctor of Medicine degree from an accredited medical school required
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare organization that demonstrates a deep understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience must include demonstrated healthcare strategic leadership ability including management of staff, budgets, and multiple functional areas.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest nonprofit, nonsectarian child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital, clinic and residential services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. In 2019, provided care to more than 52,000 children and families.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, Boys Town Hospital operates one hospital at ​14000 Hospital Road on the campus of Boys Town, Nebraska, that includes acute pediatric inpatient hospitalization, surgical services and inpatient and residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders. Our medical clinics include primary pediatric care with five Boys Town Pediatrics locations in the Omaha-metro area and specialty care clinics for children and adults across Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota.
Since its founding in 1977, Boys Town Hospital has been internationally recognized as a leader in clinical and research programs focusing on childhood deafness, language development and related communication disorders. We have developed national medical programs that are now instituted in hospitals and clinics across the country. Today, the hospital is leading the charge in neurobehavioral research in children to improve interventions and treatments for children with severe behavioral and mental health problems.
Most recently Boys Town has expanded its Pediatric Neuroscience care to provide access to more physicians, clinics and telemedicine for children in Omaha and across the region.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: December 29, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.