Non-Clinical - Skilled Trades Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Print Production Operator - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Print Production Operator, you are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday- Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm; Location: Boys Town Print Shop; 234 Monsky Drive, Boys Town, Nebraska.
- Operates and maintains print production equipment and bindery machines.
- Sets up, monitors, operates, and maintains a high speed digital press, production publishing system, network printer, photocopier, wide format printer, and other similar equipment to print a variety of materials including booklets, forms, and brochures.
- Keeps records and reports of time and work done or in process; archives print orders to electronic storage devices for future use.
- Submits restocking orders to ensure availability of paper and supplies; stocks paper products as needed.
- Inspects completed jobs for the purpose of ensuring work meets requested specifications, quality standards, and quantity requirements.
- Finishes printed jobs using bindery equipment including cutter, folder, collator, drill, and coil inserter to meet print orders in the most cost-effective and viable manner.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties as needed.
- Prepares proofs for customer feedback and approval; reviews proofs and implements changes as needed.
- Provides customer service, education and support to internal customers regarding layout and printing of forms, training and promotional materials.
- Utilizes pre-press production software and converts electronic files to printable format and composes or modifies proofs and prepares digital files for use.
- Operates pre-press production and desktop publishing software including converting files, preparing proofs, and typesetting as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of experience including printing press operation and bindery preferred.
- Knowledge of the operation and basic maintenance requirements of offset press and related equipment.
- Strong attention to detail including skill in examining plates and press work for accuracy.
- Ability to use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to perform the job duties.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: December 29, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.