RN Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Outpatient Diagnostic Services (RN) - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as an Outpatient Diagnostic Services (RN), you will join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will perform specialized administrative duties pertaining to order entry and the scheduling and coordination of outpatient/non-sedated patient services, utilizing knowledge of both nursing and administrative practices. Acts as the primary point of contact for coordinating single or multiple service needs, scheduling, collecting pertinent clinical and demographic data, validating benefits and obtaining necessary prior authorization, or making referrals to Financial Counselor for outpatient services.
Schedule: Full Time, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM or 8:30 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday, No Holidays
- Accepts orders from internal and external provider sources via electronic, fax or verbal routes validating medical necessity and indication for testing as well as priority for scheduling.
- Coordinates with necessary Ancillary departments or Inpatient Medical Unit to determine availability of necessary resources taking into consideration additional testing or services ordered and to be received on the same date of service to make the visit as efficient and effective as possible.
- Enters all non-electronic orders into necessary clinical based system following necessary documentation requirements.
- Works to obtain and review pertinent clinical and demographic documentation to support medical necessity for ordered services which includes forwarding to HIM department for entry into the patient’s legal medical record for future reference if needed.
- Validates insurance eligibility and benefits identifying and fulfilling prior authorization requirements as identified in advance of services being rendered, or marking as urgent for immediate care needs to not impede urgent or emergent care.
- Creates patient plan outlining ordered services, scheduled date, time services are scheduled to take place and location for patient to present for check-in.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with current state or multi-state licensure, required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an acute hospital setting with pediatric experience, preferred
- Experience in surgery scheduling and/or admissions generally obtained by working in a perioperative clinical setting with knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia types, required
- Experience working in an operating room, preferred
- Must have good communication, assessment, and organizational skills
- Must have good PC skills including experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must have good public relation skills and be detail oriented
- Must be BLS certified.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 11th, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.