Security Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Campus Resource Officer: 3rd Shift - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Campus Resource Officer, you will support the Boys Town mission by monitoring and ensuring safety and security conditions within Boys Town properties by patrolling campus and interacting with youth as needed. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth one step at a time.
Schedule: 3rd Shift: 11pm-7:30am
*Eligible for shift differential
- Monitors and ensures safety and security conditions within Boys Town properties by patrolling campus.
- Provides a visible and accessible presence on campus who is well-known by the entire Boys Town community.
- Responds to calls from staff when they need assistance with youth or any program area on campus.
- Attempts to immediately locate and pick up youth out-of-program status or missing.
- Provides supervision of staff and youth during program changes or during mass movement of youth.
- Observes and reports maintenance needs. Investigates and reports incidents involving personal injury, property damage, theft, and/or vandalism occurring on property or areas under jurisdiction and completes the designated reports. Communicates with Boys Town Police Department as needed to report unusual and unsafe conditions.
- Investigates security alarms and fire alarms. Contacts appropriate staff in response to computer room alarms. Assists staff and guests to shelter in the event of severe weather warnings. Executes evacuation plan in response to fire alarm activity.
- Renders routine security assistance to all personnel, i.e., employees, patients and visitors. Escorts personnel to and from vehicles as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months to one year of experience including administrative work experience.
- Two years of experience in Law Enforcement, Security, Military, or Juvenile Counseling required. Two years of experience in Juvenile Probation or Juvenile Court Services preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to work rotating shifts; including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to work at multiple Boys Town property locations.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to complete SRO Type (NASRO) Training within 90 days of hire.
February 8, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.