Patient Admission and Registration Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Patient Screener - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Patient Screener, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. In this role, you will administer client required health questionnaires to patients utilizing Boys Town National Research Hospital’s provided heath questionnaire in a professional manner while working to exceed customer service expectations.
Schedule: Monday- Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm; Full Time Temporary position. Location: Boys Town Nation Research Hospital; 139 St. & Pacific St. and rotating also to 72nd St. Clinic location.
- Greets and screens patients upon entrance to the clinic.
- Ensures individuals maintain appropriate social distancing during the screening process and wear proper personal protective equipment (i.e. mask).
- Reviews the COVID-19 questionnaire with patients ensuring compliance with established infection control protocols.
- Reports cases of positive and negative responses obtained during screening according to established protocols.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work in an active environment with many distractions. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail of work activities (e.g., filing, typing, calculating, proofreading materials, taking messages).
- Ability to work well with the diverse professional and support staff, and interact with a wide variety of people, some having communication deficits such as hearing loss, some are children who have craniofacial anomalies.
- Ability to use common sense understanding necessary to carry out detailed instructions in written, oral or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to interact professionally on the telephone and in person. Interpersonal skills requiring ordinary courtesy and tact are necessary to communicate effectively with callers and visitors and provide information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Graduate of or student in a medical assisting, nursing or similar program or a certified nursing assistant preferred.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 16, 2021
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.