General/Adult Psychiatry Job In Denver, Colorado
Inpatient Psychiatrist Opportunity in Denver, ColoradoNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Rachael West: Sign in to view
Denver’s largest hospital system, HealthONE, is seeking inpatient psychiatrists to join our team at the Medical Center of Aurora
- Board eligible or board certified in psychiatry
- Child & adolescent and geriatric psychiatrists willing to cover some adult beds in addition to their respective units
- Track record of clinical excellence, teamwork, strong interpersonal skills, great communication and EMR documentation skills
- On call one day Mon-Fri and 1:6 weekends (call and rounding) with manageable patient load
- Competitive salary
- Hospital employee comprehensive benefits package
- 401k matching with employee discounted stock purchase plan
- PTO and CME time with expenses
- Clinical faculty appointment to ACGME-accredited HealthONE psychiatry residency
About HealthONE Behavioral Health Services/The Medical Center of Aurora:
- Behavioral Health Services (BHS) is part of HealthONE, the local brand for HCA Healthcare’s six hospitals in the Denver, Colorado market.
- 11 emergency departments and six urgent care centers
- HealthONE behavioral health services team members are also active in the community, consulting with schools, mental health entities and employers.
- Team of eight full time psychiatrists, five PRN psychiatrists and our current residents
- Facility includes a 40-bed adult unit, 40-bed senior adult unit, 20-bed women's unit and a 20-bed child & adolescent unit (age 8 and up) along with Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) for all three populations. DBT/CBT Milieu
- ECT service for both inpatients and outpatients 5x/week
- Onsite ACGME accredited HealthONE psychiatry residency program
- O.P. continuum of care available onsite and offsite
- Program is treatment-enriched with multiple master disciplined therapeutic staff
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) services in development
- Fully supported 24/7 EMR (Meditech and Patient Keeper)
Denver is one the healthiest and fastest growing cities in the country. The mile high city enjoys breathtaking views of the Rockies to the west and residents are 90 minutes from some of the best skiing and hiking in the world. Coloradans are serious about sports. We watch our professional teams and play with amateur and youth clubs at every level of performance. With 300 annual days of sunshine, residents to play, walk and run outdoors all year. Denver is home to rising stars in culinary and craft brewing culture and arts patrons enjoy the largest collection of performing arts stages under one roof in the world. At just over 3 million people, Denver is big enough to accommodate any residential preference from urban lofts to, family-focused suburban communities and equestrian properties with rural acreage.
The Denver, Colorado metro area is home to 2.7 million people on the western edge of the Colorado High Plains, just east of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Denver is the capitol of the nation's 5th fastest growing state with a growth rate that has consistently outpaced the nation since the 1930's. Forbes Magazine tagged Denver as the most stable real estate market in the US.
The Denver metro area consistently tops the lists of most livable cities. We enjoy a panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains, the nation's largest public park system, and 300+ days of sunshine a year. The climate offers the best of 4 seasons with mild winters averaging daily high of 45 degrees. Our famed Colorado "champagne-powder" snow melts quickly in Denver's sunshine. Low humidity and cool mornings & evenings explain Colorado's status as one of the top summer vacation destinations.
It's no wonder that Metro Denver's active residents are among the nation's healthiest. After work or school, we enjoy the miles and miles of community walk/bike trails and rich variety of recreation centers and amateur athletic leagues. Families love Denver's Zoo--4th most popular in the U.S and the Botanic Gardens which ranks 5th in the U.S. On weekends and days off, the famous mountain trails, rivers & resorts are just 90 minutes from your doorstep.
Denver fields 8 pro sports teams and is the only city with three new world-class stadiums. A phenomenal array of cultural attractions visit The Denver Performing Arts Complex--the largest such facility under one roof outside of New York City. Music aficionados know that Colorado's festivals and venues like the Red Rocks Amphitheater earn a spot on every major national tour.
The Medical Center of Aurora has three campuses in the metro Denver area and a variety of top-rated services, including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, surgery and women's health . The South Campus has a 346-bed acute care hospital with Level II trauma designation. The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza are the primary medical destination for the eastern metro Denver area along the rapidly growing Denver International Airport and Highway 470 corridor.
TMCA/CMP is an acknowledged leader in quality and patient safety and was named a mentor hospital in IHI's 200,000 Lives Campaign, among other awards. The medical center also leads the metro area in patient and employee satisfaction, with excellent retention of an experienced nursing staff.
The medical center recently completed a $90 million expansion and renovation project to build a new cardiovascular tower, convert all patient rooms to private and build a multi-level parking garage.