General/Adult Psychiatry Job In Nashville, Tennessee
Psychiatry Opportunity in Nashville, TennesseeNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Rachael West: Sign in to view
Parthenon Pavilion is seeking an additional psychiatrist to join their team of seven psychiatrists in Nashville, TN.
- Board certification in general (adult) psychiatry required; experience in geriatric psychiatry and ECT experience is a plus
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with other mental health professionals
- Primary focus will be inpatient services – some consult/liaison services required
- Light (phone) call during the week and weekend rounding every third or fourth weekend
- Seven-on/seven-off schedule
- Full time inpatient psychiatrist with optional leadership responsibilities including acting as Vice Chair of the Department or participating in the GME program as an Associate Program Director
- Employment Agreement and comprehensive benefits package
- Compensation is based on a competitive base plus productivity bonus in year one and in following years, productivity only
About Parthenon Pavilion at TriStar Centennial Medical Center:
- Parthenon is the oldest and largest private psychiatric facility in Middle Tennessee.
- This well-known and respected 132 bed hospital is fully licensed and JCAHO accredited.
- The present capacity of 132 beds offers specialized treatment programs for distinct patient populations.
- Parthenon services include: Adult Treatment Program; Dual Treatment Program; Senior Treatment Program; and Memory Care Program. Services include inpatient services for adults and older adults.
- Staff Addictionologist; a part-time Anesthesiologist covers ECT
HCA Graduate Medical Education:
- HCA GME is now the nation’s top-performing health system and largest provider of graduate medical education with more than 200 programs across 21 specialties, 43 hospitals, and 14 states.
- HCA GME is building the leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education communities.
- We currently train more than 3,100 residents and fellows, and, this number will increase to over 6,800 by 2022.
- If you have interest in a Directorship or Core Faculty position, please inquire.
Nashville is home to more than 1.8 million people, more than 40,000 businesses, and over 250 healthcare companies are headquartered in the Nashville region, making healthcare the #1 industry. Tennessee has the second lowest state and local tax burden per capita, and no state income tax. Nashville was rated 15th out of the 125 “Best Places to Live” in the 2019 US News and World Report.
Middle Tennessee is well known for beautiful scenery, communities rich in history, a mild four-season climate and outstanding entertainment. Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, is a thriving metropolitan city with a population of approximately 600,000 (1.6 million SSA) offering a superior lifestyle and one of the best medical communities in the country - and NO State Personal Income Tax.
Nashville is repeatedly recognized as one of the country’s top cities for business and future growth. In 2011, Forbe's magazine rated Nashville #3 as America's Next Big Boom Towns and Kiplinger's magazine rated Nashville as their #3 "Best Value City", based on vibrant economy, reasonable living costs, and great amentities. Previously Modern Physician Magazine listed Nashville as 7th on "The List" of the top 75 places to run a medical practice in the country. Population, malpractice premiums, Medicare reimbursement, labor costs, state income tax (TN has none) and education attainment were criteria used in the ranking. In 2011, Nashville was given a Top 5 ranking by Travel & Leisure for its "Affordable Getaways" and "Friendliest City" categories.
Long noted as the “Athens of the South” for its sixteen institutions of higher learning it also provides outstanding Private/Parochial options with strong Public Schools and an expanded Library system. While the city is perhaps best known as “Music City” for its Country music beginnings, it has matured to offer wide-ranging venues from Jazz/Blues to the new Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The city’s beautiful tree-lined streets, excellent park system, two local lakes, Sports complexes.
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is located in the heart of Nashville (founding city and location of HCA’s Corporate Headquarters).
Celebrating 44 years of providing quality healthcare to Nashville, Middle Tennessee and the surrounding region, TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopaedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services.
As the flagship hospital of HCA and the TriStar Health System, Centennial continues to raise the bar for healthcare on both a regional and national level, serving Nashville, middle Tennessee and the southeastern United States.
An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center is home to TriStar Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at TriStar Centennial, TriStar Centennial Women’s & Children’s, TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center as well as TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion, one of the oldest and largest full-service psychiatric facilities in the region. Round-the-clock care is also available at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center, a critical access hospital in nearby Cheatham County. The new TriStar Emergency Room at Spring Hill will provide 24-hour emergency care for nearby Spring Hill, Tenn., and surrounding communities when it opens in 2013.