Sterile Processing Technician Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Sterile Processing Tech - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$2,500.00 HIRING BONUS!
Schedule: Full-Time, 10:00 AM-6:30 PM, Monday-Friday
In a career as a Sterile Processing Tech, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. In this role, take responsibility for reprocessing instruments and equipment used in the East & West operating suite, including care of delicate and specialty instrumentation. Responsible for monitoring sterile supplies and autoclaves, inventory control as assigned.
- Follows ST79 and ST91 Standards.
- Performs, monitors, interprets, and records testing and validation of sterilization processes.
- Inspects and maintains integrity of instruments routinely. Uses contracted service for repairs as needed.
- Decontaminates, disinfects, assembles, and sterilizes instruments per departmental policy.
- Cleans autoclaves according to manufacturer's recommendations; maintains a clean working environment.
- Maintains and inventories sterile supplies and instruments within sterile processing.
- Participates in performance improvement projects and maintaining "The Joint Commission" readiness.
- Validates sterilization process has been completed and verified prior to instrument and implants being released.
- High School education or equivalent, required
- One to three years of experience in sterile processing, CRCST certification, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Must have good oral and written communication
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 18th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.