Finance and Accounting Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Cash Management Specialist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Cash Management Specialist, you help us keep our organization on track to meet (or better yet, exceed) our goal of bettering the lives of youth and families across the country. The Finance team at Boys Town has a big role to play in guiding the success of our brand through technical assistance, reporting and so much more. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday – Friday
The Cash Management Specialist supports cash management activities including daily cash positioning, reconciliation, and analysis of accounts. This position also supports merchant processing activities including providing support and training to users of card processing and other financial services.
- Supports cash management activities.
- Records daily operating cash activity, reconciles cash projections and prepares fund transfers.
- Records investment activity.
- Prepares bank documentation associated with account authorizations and contractual agreements.
- Reviews and processes banking, merchant processing, and other invoices.
- Updates vendor account routing information.
- Manages bank supplies including check orders.
- Assists donors and development staff with the processing of gifted securities.
- Tracks deadlines and files periodic financial reports required by banks.
- Supports merchant processing operations.
- Sets up and maintains users on various card processing and electronic payment platforms.
- Provides support and training to users of card processing and other financial services.
- Keeps up with new innovations in card processing and trains users.
- Assists with PCI DSS database maintenance.
- Processes credit card charge backs.
- Provides additional support to Treasury Operations.
- Assists in documentation, development and implementation of department business policies and procedures and recommends appropriate changes.
- Files claims for unclaimed property.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field preferred; or equivalent related experience.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience including accounting or financial analysis.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 18, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.