Nurse Practitioner Job In Mishawaka, Indiana
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Nocturnist)Next Steps... Apply Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- 254-bed, non-profit hospital
- Established team of 20 physicians, 3 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No code responsibility
- No call environment; No procedures required
- Open, 16-bed ICU; Hospitalists admit to ICU and on-staff intensivists conduct required consults (APP will not see patients in the ICU)
- Schedule: Mon - Thursday nights. Hours are 7:00 pm - 5:00 am
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Will work beside a Physician Nocturnist - focusing on managing cross cover calls and assisting with lower acuity admissions
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in IN. Not open to new grads – 1+ years of recent inpatient or acute care APP experience required.
- Full benefits including 15 days of PTO annually
Location & Lifestyle
Mishawaka is a part of the South Bend, Indiana metropolitan area, boasting a cumulative population of 318,586. The city prides itself on being safe and provides a very low cost of living with excellent schools. Mishawaka has received many accolades including ranked second in the State of Indiana by Business Week Magazine as one of the best places to raise your kids.
- Seeking vibrance and charm? You will love the diversity found in the neighborhoods throughout the metro area
- Are you a football fan? Enjoy a Saturday afternoon cheering on that Fighting Irish at the University of Notre Dame, a top 20 university and one of the top sporting venues in the United States
- Other nearby metropolitan areas: Chicago, IL. 100 miles to the west, Ann Arbor, MI. 175 miles to the northeast, Indianapolis, IN. 146 miles to the south, and Kalamazoo, MI: 70 miles to the north
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.