RN Job In Rolla, Missouri
RN Cardiac Cath LabNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse provides direct patient care to individuals, using nursing knowledge and skills through the use of the nursing process. The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse functions independently within their scope of practice under the Missouri Board of Nursing. The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse practices under the Missouri Nurse Practice Act and hospital policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows established hospital policy regarding patient safety measures such as infection prevention, safe patient handling and movement, critical lab notification, etc. to insure that patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment.
- Provides quality nursing care including administration of medications, nursing intervention, and patient and family teaching. All actions are performed within the guidelines established in hospital policy and procedure. These actions will support quality outcomes and patient safety. Participates in quality monitoring activities as assigned by the shift manager or department director. Participates in process change to achieve quality outcomes. Gives conscious sedation, peri-procedural pharmacologic agents and emergent medications safely and as needed.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessments in all aspects of patient care to monitor patient status, improve quality, enhance patient safety, and to provide accurate information to health care team members. Displays critical thinking skills in patient and situation assessment.
- Documents accurately and efficiently all patient care activities and required quality monitoring items to support the achievement of compliance with established quality measures (i.e. Core measures) Completes all required paperwork such as charts and daily logs, etc..
- Communicates to physicians and appropriate team members pertinent patient information in order to improve patient outcomes and quality care. Communicates to patient and family members in a timely manner that enhances the patient experience and promotes learning to support health care outcomes. Performs service recovery as needed. Follows-up on all patient care concerns in a professional manner. Communicates professionally with nursing and physician staff members to enhance patient care outcomes. Communicates unit needs to the supervisor.
- Delegates appropriately to team members while maintaining an atmosphere fostering team work and accountability. Demonstrates understanding of the dynamics of health care, adapting to change in a positive and professional manner in an attempt to support the hospital mission, vision, and values. Incorporates critical thinking into his/her nursing practice and attempts to develop skills and abilities through continued education and various educational opportunities.
- Documents the procedure within our Hemodynamic unit. Documentation to include; vital signs, cardiac rhythm, medications and supplies used during the case. Understands, analyzes hemodynamic wave forms and data recorded during cath lab procedures.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- One year critical care or equivalent nursing experience required.
- Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab experience helpful.
- Current RN license in the State of Missouri or Compact Licensure.
- BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association required.
- Considerable mental concentration required. The duties require frequent heavy lifting and extended periods of standing wearing lead aprons. Standing, carrying, pushing, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching required. The RN will need to be physically able to perform CPR. The CCL RN will need to be physically able to pull sheaths and apply pressure to the groin for an extended period of time.
- The employee must possess the ability to wear full lead attire as used in the Cardiac Cath Lab for long periods of time for the safety of the RN. The employee may have frequent exposure to communicable diseases via blood and body fluids and frequent exposure to infectious diseases, radiation, and hostile persons at times. The RN works with sharps and other potentially biohazardous materials. The candidate must have the ability to function under stress. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.