General Patient Care Job In Rolla, Missouri
Homemaker AideNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Homemaker Aide assists the client in personal care, rehabilitative activities, nutrition, housekeeping, companionship and/or other therapeutic activities as prescribed in the care plan developed by a registered nurse or therapist, and other duties as assigned.
- Assists the client with personal care, and assists the client with medications, ordinarily self-administered, and ordered by the physician.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s condition or home environment and communicates when unable to carry out planned assignments.
- Performs duties in an efficient and effective manner and attends required in-services.
- Promotes appropriate levels of independence while maintaining the client’s comfort.
- Provides housekeeping, shopping, errands, and companionship services.
- Provides meals according to the client’s nutritional needs.
- Provides safe, competent, age-appropriate care and completes documentation within established time frames.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, not required.
- Be at least 18 years of age and have at least 6 months paid work experience as an agency homemaker, nurse aide/maid, or household worker OR at least one year experience caring for children, sick, or aged individuals. Successful completion of formal training in nursing arts or as a nursing assistant can be substituted for the qualifying experience.
- A valid Driver's license and proof of automobile insurance is required. American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification and C.N.A. preferred.
- (May be met with appropriate accommodations if deemed necessary): Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to walk up and down flights of stairs. Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral communications, visual acuity, and the ability to read and understand written directions. Lifting up to 35 lbs. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to safely operate an automobile. Drive: 2-4 hrs. per day Must be able to maneuver around architectural barriers and obstructions in patient's home. Must be able to tolerate temperature changes, smoke, fumes, dust and pets found in patient's home.
- Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and body fluids. Frequent exposure to infectious diseases and hostile persons at times. Works with sharps and other potentially biohazardous materials. Variation in environmental temperatures. Exposure to various community environments.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.