Management Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Marketing Manager for Research Department - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Manager of Research Marketing is responsible for leading marketing and communication efforts for Boys Town National Research. This position is responsible for developing strategic marketing campaigns and communications to increase local and national visibility and promote research programs and initiatives to multiple audiences. This position will create, manage and track campaign plans and tactics including the production of collateral, editorial, social media, video content, public relations, media releases, and other multimedia content. By working closely with research scientists, the Manager of Research Marketing must demonstrate an understanding of the research and translate complex scientific concepts into relevant messages for a wide range of audiences, including funders and research communities, consistent with the mission of Boys Town.
Schedule: Full Time M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Works directly with Research scientists to support recruitment of subjects for research studies.
- Works directly with scientists to promote research findings to scientific and non-scientific communities, funders and other stakeholders.
- Serves as a liaison between the Marketing and Research departments to project manage the creation of communications to support key organizational initiatives and research findings to scientific and non-scientific communities.
- Leverages a wide range of media channels to disseminate information including copy for media articles, websites, trade publications, podcasts, newsletters, educational materials, and others.
- Assists Marketing and Research Departments to identify appropriate media channels to increase awareness and reach for research programs.
- Contributes to the national research effort through reviews of manuscripts. Collaborates on the development of grant proposals for research, and educational initiatives to ensure effective communication of complex ideas and concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or science/communication disorders field or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in communications, copywriting, creative writing, or grant writing preferred.
- Proven success in executing and managing marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of translational research and/or understanding of neuroscience, audiology, and/or speech-language pathology preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
March 18, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.