Secretary & Assistant Job In Rolla, Missouri
Unit SecretaryNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
Under the supervision of the Director and/or Shift Manager, the Unit Secretary is responsible for performing the receptionist and secretarial duties on the patient care unit while functioning as the focal communication source in the nursing station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows established hospital policy regarding patient safety measures such as infection prevention. Maintains an organized and functional work area.
2. Performs clerical duties to support unit functioning – enters charges, maintains printers and fax machines, copies charts, orders supplies and assist to stock. Maintains logs as assigned per unit. Ensures that all chart forms are labeled with patient identification stickers to prepare for scanning. Disassembles medical record upon discharge. Audits charts as assigned.
3. Reviews all orders entered and assists nurse by accurately transcribing orders to edit text. Adds interventions as required by orders.
4. Communicates to appropriate team members and collaborates with ancillary departments as needed. Answers phone promptly using customer service skills. Answers call lights timely. Coordinates physician communication with nurses. Assigns phones to staff and updates list in computer.
5. Adapts to change in a positive and professional manner in an attempt to support the hospital mission, vision, and values. Follows all hospital policies in regards to appearance, behavior, and attendance.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
At least one year of experience in clerical, receptionist, and/or hospital duties preferred. Organization/time management and typing/basic computer skills required.
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.