Patient Admission and Registration Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Admin Assistant, Inpatient & Surgical Services - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as an Administrative Assistance, Inpatient & Surgical Services, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. Under the general direction of the Associate Administrator of Inpatient and Surgical Services will provide support for these patient care areas as directed. Confidentiality is essential.
Schedule: Monday - Friday. Full Time. 7:30am - 4:00pm. Location: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Pacific St. and North 30th Street Hospital.
- Arranges related meetings, reserves rooms and audio visual equipment. Prepares various meeting and program materials. Collates and assembles documents, photocopies, correspondence, and reports. Disseminates agendas, reports, and related correspondence when appropriate.
- Oversees the administrative calendars.
- Assists with coordinating the interview process.
- Answers telephone inquiries concerning office activities and operations by relating or referring to established policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with the Nurse Educator and other clinical team members to set up education conferences and other activities associated with the education.
- Obtains approval and arranges travel for physicians and others. Completes expense reports.
- Using Windows software, prepares memos, correspondence, reports, and agendas as needed. Makes changes in grammar, punctuation or spelling as needed. Prioritizes workload to comply with deadlines.
- Opens, sorts, records and distributes mail. Places in appropriate area.
- Prepares and submits payroll information as assigned.
- Processes print shop orders and other orders as directed.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, with associate degree or certification in business, secretarial science or related field.
- A minimum of five years experience coordinating business activities (e.g. business office manager or departmental administration.)
- A thorough understanding of general office procedures as well as knowledge of standard Microsoft software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work with a wide variety of staff.
- Strong analytical, spelling and grammar skills and close attention detail, a must.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: March 29, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.