Business Professional Job In Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Office Specialist - Full Charge Bookkeeper - (Las Vegas, Nevada, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
In a career as a Business Office Specialist you are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth. As our Business Office Specialist, you will have the opportunity to take on a variety of responsibilities including accounting and finance, customer service, human resources, information technology, and inventory.
Schedule: Full Time
- Participates in the administration and monitoring of the department’s financial activities including invoices, purchasing, and disbursement.
- Functions as the timekeeper and processes payroll for 50 plus employees at the site.
- Supports the Site Financial Officer with the annual budget projections, midyear budget projections and the annual capital budget projections.
- Works closely with the Development Director and prepares month reconciliations between the donations recorded in the fiscal management system to the Donor database. Records special event data into the annual 990 Information Tax Return.
- Responsible for writing and / or updating policies and procedures in Accounting Manual for Boys Town Nevada.
- Provides administrative support including record-keeping, records-retention, filing, phone coverage, mail, data entry and other support as needed.
- Acts as the designated HR contact for the site and is responsible for coordination, collection and quality checking of onboarding and processing employee records, including conducting background checks for new hires.
- Facilities maintenance and inventory and coordinates facilities maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- 2 years of administrative support experience, preferably including experience with accounting or billing.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software. Familiarity with apple technology products helpful.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in the organization and with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner.
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and family’s triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
March 30, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.