Nurse Practitioner Job In Springfield, Illinois
APC Nocturnist in Springfield, IllinoisNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Andrea Purviance: Sign in to view
HSHS Medical Group is currently recruiting an EXPERIENCED Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join an established but expanding Hospitalist team at HSHS St. John's Hospital in Springfield, IL. Advanced Practice Clinician will join our Physician Nocturnist for the 7:00 PM-7:00 AM shift. We are seeking to fill 2 positions; alternating schedules, to provide 7 day a week coverage.
Brief job description, performed under the direction of Nocturnist:
- Formal Hospitalist Program
- Works with Patient Advocate for patient distribution
- Patient rounding on floors
- Some admissions as needed in helping Nocturnist with patient flow
- Discharge preparation
- Closed ICU
- No procedures
- 2-3 admissions per overnight shift
- 25-30 admissions per day shift
- 168 shift requirement each fiscal year
- PRN shifts available
- $3,000 CME reimbursement each fiscal year
HSHS Medical Group is the physician organization of Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS). The admitting hospital, St. John’s Hospital, is a full-service Level 1 Trauma Center and rehabilitation center which has 422 licensed beds and utilizes the services of more than 1,261 physicians representing more than 20 medical specialties. HSHS is a fully integrated health care system that sponsors hospitals in communities across Illinois and Wisconsin. With more than 560 providers within its network, HSHS Medical Group works in partnership with HSHS Hospitals to give providers the support they need to provide the highest level of patient care possible. HSHS employs more than 16,000 people. HSHS Medical Group has a network of clinical providers that includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and other medical professionals.
2-4 years of experience as a PA-C or APRN as a Hospitalist/Nocturnist is preferred
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Certification by the National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants; specialty certification for APRNs; DEA license may be required for the position. ACLS certification is preferred.
Licensed in the state of practice-Required
Basic Life Support (BLS)-Required
Highlights of the Springfield Community:
- Just a short 90 minute drive from St. Louis and 3 hours to Chicago
- Thriving and diverse community with a population of over 190,000
- Excellent private and public schools including a private and state university and SIU School of Medicine
- 9 public golf courses, several country club golf courses; YMCA, LA Fitness, Fit Club and more
- Airport with daily flights to Chicago and St. Louis
- Large 4,200 acre lake with beautiful waterfront properties available
- Wildlife sanctuaries, zoo, numerous parks with hiking/bike trails and a water park
HSHS Medical Group is part of Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) a fully integrated health care system that sponsors 14 hospitals across Illinois and Wisconsin. HSHS generates more than $1.5 billion in revenue annually and employs more than 14,000 people.
HSHS Medical Group employs the providers throughout the system and currently has over 550 providers within its network. HSHS Medical Group works in partnership with the hospitals to give our providers the support they need to provide the highest level of patient care possible.