Internal Medicine Job In Greenville, North Carolina
Academic Family Medicine/Internal Medicine- Geriatrics Opportunity in Greenville,NCNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call JoAnn Barnhill: Sign in to view
The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, is seeking a B/C or B/E Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician to join the Geriatrics Division. Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Geriatrics, or CAQ eligible, is preferred. ECU Department of Family Medicine
Greenville is located 80 miles northwest of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
Job Highlights include:
· Join a transformative department, implementing principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home model in all aspects of patient care, education, teaching, and research
· Tenure track or fixed term appointment - open to all levels of academic achievement to include assistant, associate, and full professor
· State-of- the-art Monk Geriatric Center with dedicated teaching and patient care areas
· Opportunities exist for teaching geriatric fellows and involvement with the teaching nursing home project
· Responsibilities include providing direct patient care, teaching medical students, residents, fellows and other learners
· Practice and teaching sites include the Monk Ambulatory Geriatric Center, the Family Medicine Center, Family Medicine Inpatient Service, and a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life Insurance
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with ECU Physicians and Vidant Medical Center. ECU Physicians is the faculty practice plan for the Brody School of Medicine. We offer the region’s most comprehensive care for every stage of life and are comprised of more than 500 physicians and advanced practitioners – across 37 specialties – throughout eastern North Carolina. ECU Physicians
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center, providing services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Medical Center
Greenville, NC: Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play.
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close faculty-student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Programs are consistent with the medical school’s dual mission of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities to minority and disadvantaged students.