OB/GYN Job In Brownsville, Texas
Employed OB/GYN Opportunity in The Tropical Playground of Texas – Rio Grande ValleyNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Melanie Yenchai: Sign in to view
Tenet Healthcare is actively seeking an OB/GYN for a full-time opportunity at our established practice located in Brownsville, TX. The practice is located approximately three minutes from Valley Baptist Medical Center – Brownsville and offers great mentorship for new graduates.
· Full-time, employed opportunity – Available Fall 2021
· Monday-Friday, regular business hours
· 3 ½ clinic days and 1 ½ OR days per week (OB and GYN)
· Call: Monday-Thursday call for own patients will be shared with current physician. Weekend call is shared with other community OB/GYN physicians and will be 1:4
· Da Vinci Si robot available at hospital
About Valley Baptist Medical Center – Brownsville:
· Labor and Delivery has 13 labor rooms and 5 triage beds
· Average of 150 deliveries/month
· Four OBOR suites
· COEMIG and COERS certified (Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Procedures and Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery)
· 24-hour in-house Anesthesia coverage for L&D
· State designated level 3 NICU
Valley Baptist Physician Network (VBPN) is comprised of 75+ providers, 15 FP residents, and 100+ support personnel. This group manages 13 clinic locations including specialist services in General Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Neurology, Endovascular Neurology, Neurosurgery, Hospitalists, Internists, Interventional Cardiology, Orthopedics, Palliative Care, PM&R, OB/GYN, ENT, and Primary Care.
About the Rio Grande Valley:
The Rio Grande Valley, one of the fastest growing areas in TEXAS, is a scenic cultural place where palm trees and citrus thrive. Famous for bird watching migration and known as Texas' Tropical Playground, we are located a short 40 minutes from South Padre Island.
• Year-round semi-tropical weather
• No state income tax / Tort reform
• Lowest cost of living in the U.S.
• Great schools / Affordable housing
• Golfing, hunting, birding, fishing, boating
· MD or DO
· Must be BE/BC with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
· Texas licensed or eligible to obtain licensure in the State of Texas
· Bilingual Spanish speaking skills required
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV for immediate consideration.
All inquiries and personal information will be kept confidential.
In “the Valley” your talents and skills are greatly needed and can be maximized to their fullest potential. Healthcare is an important and growing industry in the area, and is centered in Harlingen around Valley Baptist Medical Center and the University of Texas – San Antonio’s medical school, the Regional Academic Health Center.
The Valley is your ticket to the tropics at an affordable price – and within America. The combination of a reasonable cost of living; excellent schools; excellent healthcare facilities and churches; and unique attractions draws thousands of people from all across the United States. Many come to think of the Valley as home, thanks to multiple opportunities for career and personal growth without the traffic and crime problems of big cities. Among retirees, a number have made Harlingen, Brownsville, South Padre Island and all points in between their year-round home, while “Winter Texans,” spend six months or more per year in the Valley to escape the icy weather back north.
As a new resident of the Valley, you will always have something to do on the weekend. Texas’ best beach, South Padre Island, is only a 40-minute drive from Harlingen or Brownsville. South Padre Island features outstanding swimming and sunbathing, fishing, sailing, water sports on the Gulf of Mexico or in the bay, hotels, restaurants, shopping and entertainment, not to mention some fantastic sunsets over the bay!
For a change of pace, visit the friendly towns of old Mexico … Harlingen is within a 15-minute drive from the Mexican border. Only 25 minutes away from Harlingen — and just across the Rio Grande — lies the welcoming Mexican tourist/border town of Nuevo Progreso, a favorite for shoppers. Nuevo Progreso is considered to be safe for tourists, and any day of the week you can park your car on the US side, cross the bridge on foot, and enjoy some great shopping and dining within a two block area of the bridge.
Valley Baptist Health System, with two full service campuses and 800+ beds, is a part of Tenet Health System, a national healthcare organization with 88 hospitals and 36,000 affiliated physicians.
With 3,000 employees and over 450 physicians on the medical staffs, Valley Baptist Medical Center-Brownsville and Valley Baptist Medical Center - Harlingen, are focused on safety, quality and high level patient satisfaction.
VBMC is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, and is a full-service, acute care hospital with specialized services including:
24-Hour Emergency Care
Women and Children's Services
Established in 1923, VBMC - Brownsville has 243 beds, 302 physicians on Medical Staff and a wonderful place to enjoy a work/life balance.
Established in 1925, VBMC - Harlingen has 586 beds, 375 physicians on Medical Staff and is also a wonderful place to enjoy work/life balance.
The Rio Grande Valley, one of the fastest growing areas in TEXAS, is a scenic cultural place like no other. Known as Texas' Tropical Playground, we are located a short 40 minutes from South Padre Island.
- Year-round semi-tropical weather
- No state income tax / Tort reform
- Lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Great schools / Affordable housing
- New medical school (UT-RGV) opening fall 2016
- Golfing, hunting, birding, fishing, boating