Pediatric Endocrinology Job In Asheville, North Carolina
Pediatric Endocrinologist opportunity in Asheville, NC
This job was posted 5 days ago. Be one of the first 5 applicants.
Mission Children’s is seeking a pediatric endocrinologist to join their well-established team in Asheville, NC.
- Board certified/board eligible by the American Board of Pediatrics with specialty certification in pediatric endocrinology
- Licensed or eligible for medical licensure in North Carolina
- Comfortable with EMR – Cerner
- Ability to see an average of 15 - 20 patients per day
- Comprehensive benefits package
- HCA Healthcare employed, base salary / productivity plus fringe benefits
- 401k with company contribution
About Mission Children’s:
- Over 60 pediatric subspecialists in 23 different disciplines
- An average of 3,000 patient admissions to our pediatric inpatient units, including 19-bed pediatric unit, nine-bed PICU, 51-bed level III neonatology unit
- Approximately 4,500 pediatric surgeries, and 14,000 pediatric visits to our emergency department per year
Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, arts and culture, live music, shopping or fine cuisine, Asheville offers something for everyone! With over 200 waterfalls and four navigable rivers, hiking trails for all skill levels, fantastic terrain for both road and mountain bikes, it is no surprise that Asheville is consistently rated one of the top US places to live. Asheville is known not only for its dynamic food scene and microbreweries but also for ethnic and exotic dining at the area’s 250-plus independent restaurants. Asheville offers over 20 city and county public schools, a variety of faith-based schools with challenging curriculums as well as a number of private schools, including some of the best boarding schools in the US. Residents also enjoy easy access to air travel nearby in Asheville, Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.
While Asheville retains the charm and friendliness of a medium-sized city, it boasts the amenities of a much larger city. Theater, live music, festivals, excellent restaurants, diverse populations, art galleries, cultural diversions and museums abound. Eclectic art galleries, micro-breweries and cozy cafes can be found at every turn. A food lover's paradise, culinary offerings range from traditional southern comfort food to four-star cuisine. Asheville is also home to America's largest privately-owned home, the Biltmore Estate, and the historic Grove Park Inn. Downtown Asheville is pedestrian-friendly and dog-friendly, and the city's unique skyline of art-deco style buildings are surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Mission Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 730 beds and serves as the tertiary referral center for Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital's Heart Services was named one of the nation's Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics in 2013. For the seventh consecutive year, Mission Health System was named as one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Health System also has been recognized by The Commonwealth Fund as having one of the most effective quality improvement programs in US hospitals.