Secretary & Assistant Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Customer Service & Patient Collect Specialist - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Customer Service and Patient Collections Specialist, you join us changing the way America cares for children and families. In this role, you will be is responsible for performing customer service and patient collections functions in a fast paced and goal oriented atmosphere. Serves as the primary point of contact for all BTNRH patients and families regarding the resolution of owed balances, which includes, but is not limited to; handling in and outbound patient calls, reviewing account activity, setting up payment plans, coordinating payment and past due reminders, recommending for bad debt placement and de-escalation and ultimate resolution of customer disputes.
Schedule: 8:30am – 5:00pm (Full Time) Monday- Friday. Location at Boys Town Business Office: S. 42nd St. & Center.
• Resolves patient responsibility balances through proven debt collection techniques, determining the most appropriate collection method, to include telephone calls and/or letters, setting up payment arrangements and referrals to external collection agencies, all in accordance with department standards.
• Provides optimum customer service, returning calls and/or emails within 24 hours of receipt, conducts patient interviews by adapting and utilizing situational-based interviewing techniques to meet the respective needs and abilities of the patient, process patient payments promptly, and according to departmental policy and procedure and ensures all accounts are documented in a clear, concise and timely manner.
• Reconciles customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances, determining root cause, evaluating available solutions and selecting the most appropriate for each situation, enlisting the efforts of management when necessary to accelerate the collection process when escalation is needed and following thru to ensure resolution.
• Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts, maintain department defined acceptable error ratios and cash collection goals.
• Pre-screens customers for financial assistance using defined processes, sending financial applications as determined by pre-screening process and communicating with the Financial Counselor regarding accounts that are in the financial assistance screening and application process.
• Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills, ensuring that a positive, professional demeanor is projected through verbal and non-verbal communications, ensuring information for patients is delivered in a manner that is supportive, timely and understandable.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with Patient Financial Services staff and other BTNRH resources to meet the patient’s needs and expectations.
• Demonstrates and resolves problems to meet change with positive and supportive behavior.
• Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work responsibilities, while offering help to others to solve problems and complete tasks to facilitate communication and positive team dynamics.
• Demonstrates productive work habits consistently, showing accountability for actions and decisions, soliciting feedback from peers regularly and accepting the feedback in a positive manner, while offering constructive input to support the team and department.
• Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
• High school graduate or equivalent, required.
• Experience with high volume patient collections and/or customer service duties within the healthcare field, preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication with diverse groups of people, exhibiting respect at all times.
• Previous experience working on a personal computer and using Microsoft Office software with proficiency.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 6, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.