Social Worker Job In West Palm Beach, Florida
Family Services Consultant - (West Palm Beach, Florida, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary :
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week. Must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be available to work on-call rotationally to provide crisis response.
Location: This position will report to the West Palm Beach office and service famlies in the Martin County area.
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources, including medical professionals, public welfare personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives utilizing referral sources as necessary.
• Provides screening and assessment to determine program eligibility and identifies areas to address in the service plan if applicable.
• Provides training and support in the development and utilization of functional skills to families with problems and individuals associated with the families.
• Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
• Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
• Provides consumers, including school personnel and others working with children served by the program, training in the management of difficult behaviors.
• Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
• Educates families on the needs of good physical health, quality medical attention and preventive health care.
• Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
• Promotes culture of professionalism through role modeling and respect.
• Meets with families and children at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized
• Prepares proper documentation and service plans in a timely manner as defined by the program.
• Prepares and submits reports and recommendations concerning case load status, budget requests, changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
• Reports any critical incidents involving family members or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
• Serve as a role model in carrying out the Boys Town mission.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field.
• 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
• Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. Must have the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
About Boys Town : Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 6, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.