Marketing and Sales Job In Las Vegas, Nevada
Development Director - (Las Vegas, Nevada, United States)
This job was posted 5 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Development Director, you have the ability to create a lasting imprint for the community as a whole. By telling the Boys Town story to friends, neighbors, and community members, you are doing your part as the true advocate and “Inspirational Leader” for Boys Town, further ensuring our mission of changing the way America cares for children and families thrives.
Schedule: Full Time
The Development Director works to achieve philanthropic fundraising goals in support of the organizational mission and formulates and implements objectives for annual, planned, and major gifts. This position also leads a team in activities to solicit and maintain funds, and ensures that operations meet programmatic and budgetary objectives and goals.
Plans and implements strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing principal gifts and fundraising.
- Meets prospective donors to qualify and to promote interest in providing major philanthropic support for organizational programs and priorities.
- Develops case statement and gift strategies in collaboration with senior management to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts by developing and maintaining relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and other key personnel.
- Prepares written and verbal presentations to potential donors and coordinates approaches as defined by policies and procedures.
- Fosters innovative use of strategies around fundraising programs, establishes goals and objectives, aids in the construction of proposals, and provides recommendations.
- Actively participates in major gift solicitation. Builds strong donor relationships through cultivation and stewardship with individual, business, and foundation donors.
- Fosters a culture of “one Boys Town” and carries out Boys Town’s mission through leadership, trust, honest and open dialogues, transparency, and embracing diversity.
- Assumes responsibilities for annual plans, budgets, reports, and evaluation and oversight of gift tracking systems; prepares annual development plan to corresponding budget outlining revenue and expenses; monitors progress against goals and produces monthly reports.
- Participates in professional development organizations, committees, boards, and meetings; travels locally and out of town as necessary and provides call reports in a timely manner.
- Hires, manages, and evaluates staff.
Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of experience including fundraising and management; experience working with the public in cultivation, gift solicitations, stewardship, donor recognition, and volunteer groups with progressive responsibilities as a development officer.
- Available to travel and to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Strong knowledge of principles, ethics, and practices of successful fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement persuasive cultivation ideas and techniques for prospects and donors.
- Proven ability to provide critical analysis, using sound judgment with realistic expectations for prospects and donors.
- Skills in developing and implementing strategic solicitation fund-raising plans that incorporates a concise definition of goals, targeted audiences, and strategies in-line with youth care priorities.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
About Boys Town Nevada:
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and families triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 6, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.