We are hiring for a qualified civilian Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Management to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Joint Base Anacostia–Bolling in Washington, DC.
• Status: Full-Time
• Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 5pm
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Plan
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Management must have the following qualifications:
• Degree: Associates Degree of Nursing or baccalaureate degree program
• Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
• Certifications: In addition to Basic Life Support, Certification in disease-management related areas such as: Chronic Care Professional (CCP) by the Health Sciences Institute, Certified Health Coach (CHC) by the National Society of Health Coaches, or a patient education body such as Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators or Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C) by the National Asthma Educator Certification Board is required
• Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
• Experience: Possess a minimum of three (3) years of full-time nursing experience in the outpatient clinical setting is required. Two (2) years of experience in the management and education of patient populations with prevalent and chronic diseases to include, but not limited to: diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and hypertension is required
• Must have direct hands-on experience in the last three (3) years with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use/maintenance of automated electronic medical records is required
• Must be knowledgeable of clinical and administrative theories, principles, practices, and procedures underlying nursing practice; a wide range of medical disorders/conditions and disease processes across the lifespan to include pediatrics, adolescents, adults, obstetrics, and geriatrics; assessing patients, including the ability to assess/evaluate telephonically; preventive health schedules, procedures, processes and education methods; disease management and population health principles to include primary, secondary and tertiary prevention protocols; a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations; computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail), and internet; and problem-solving techniques to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way
• Must be skilled in analyzing and defining healthcare needs of a defined population using standardized assessment tools and evidence-based practice; administrative requirements for proper documentation of the patient’s condition including disease process, acknowledgment of teaching, and follow-up care; communication with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous; applying critical thinking skills and expertise in resolving complicated healthcare, social, interpersonal and financial patient situations
• Attendance and successful completion of the 5-day Disease Management Course may be required
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United State, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.