Patient Admission and Registration Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Surgery Scheduling Representative - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Surgery Scheduling Representative, is responsible for coordination of the surgery scheduling process. Assures coordination of OR schedule through communication with surgeons, Anesthesia, Pre-Admission Nurses, floor nurse, and OR personnel.
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Full Time).
• Schedule surgery date with the patient based on scheduling requests from EHR, or faxed scheduling forms, properly documenting into the surgery schedule in SIS. Verifies site/side with surgeon, patient, chart, and family.
• Collects and/or verifies insurance information, companies and account numbers, with the patient and notifies the billing office of any discrepancies.
• Verifies that surgeon holds appropriate surgical privileges for procedure proposed and coordinates physician time if more than one surgeon is needed.
• Works closely with the anesthesia department to facilitate room coverage.
• Notifies the Surgery Scheduling Supervisor of any major changes in the schedule and documents any specific equipment requests. Notifies the surgery center as needed.
• Informs patient of needed history and physical and initiates patient education.
• Schedules surgical cases and medical admissions based on information transmitted via EHR and/or faxed from provider offices.
• Arranges/verifies pre op appointments scheduled, reviews surgery process, initiates patient education.
• Notifies all appropriate staff of details regarding surgery changes or conflicts. Adjusts clinic times for surgeons when needed.
• Mails outpatient surgery information packets to patient or their family.
• Contacts physicians as needed and notifies Pre-admission staff and hospital OR and Floor staff of problems.
• Verifies site and side with physician/scheduling document and patient.
• Verifies insurance coverage account numbers, notifies insurance verification staff of potential problems. Notifies insurance verification staff of need for pre-authorization prior to scheduling.
• Assists the Scheduling Supervisor, to reviews OR schedule and SIS daily, assigning, coordinating, and adjusting operating rooms and surgery times as appropriate.
• Notifies clinic staff of need for post op appointments.
• Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
• High school diploma or equivalent, required.
• Minimum 2 years experience in surgical setting prior hospital/ambulatory surgery scheduling experience, preferred.
• Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
• Prior working knowledge of using personal computer.
• Experience with electronic medical records, preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 14, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.