Neurosurgery Job In Phoenix, Arizona
Growing Neurosurgery Group in Phoenix, AZNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Chris Belton: Sign in to view
Growing Neurological Surgery Group in Valley of the Sun – Phoenix, Arizona
Abrazo Health, located in Phoenix, is recruiting a general neurosurgeon to their newly expanded neuroscience institute! Interests in neuro-oncology, skull base, and/or trauma will be well-supported in the context of a general neurosurgery position. Institutional support for those with functional interests willing to build a program will be made available. Both experienced and newly trained neurosurgeons are welcome. The team is happy to mentor new grads.
The neuroscience institute is located at the Abrazo Central Campus. Abrazo Central, one of 10 hospitals in the Abrazo network, is a 221 bed, non-designated, comprehensive stroke center. Abrazo is part of the Tenet Healthcare System and works in partnership with St. Joseph and St. Mary’s hospitals in Tucson. The Tucson Program currently staffs seven Neurosurgeons, four Neurologists and 12 APPs.
· Dr. Emun Abdu – in practice eight years; residency training at OHSU, dual vascular fellowship training at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute
· Dr. Samuel Kim – in practice 18 years; residency training at Tufts
This is an opportunity to be part of a tremendously supportive physician friendly environment! Neurosurgeons have a terrific relationship and work closely with hospital leadership. The new hire will have highly motivated partners dedicated to the growth and continued expansion of the neuroscience program along with a strong emphasis on a cohesive culture and providing excellent patient care.
· 5-7 days of call as shared with local physicians in the area; ER call is highly consultative; PAs take first patient call.
· Case mix of 60/40 spine and cranial work with the opportunity to grow cranial volume.
· 125 cases anticipated in year one and 250+ once established.
· Strong referral base exists; current neurosurgeons are booked out six weeks.
· Abrazo has a service area population of over 2.3 million.
· Those with interests in trauma are welcome to take call at Abrazo West, a level I trauma center.
· Group employs a hospital PA, one PA per attending, and a hospital/ float PAs.
· Block time will be made available.
· 30 ICU beds with 7 Neuro ICU beds.
· Latest in technology and equipment
· Attractive base plus RVU compensation package
Phoenix is the capital of Arizona. Known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures, it anchors a sprawling, multi-city metropolitan area known as the Valley of the Sun. It’s known for high-end spa resorts, Jack Nicklaus–designed golf courses and vibrant nightclubs. With professional sports teams, performing arts centers, museums, an endless supply of parks, gardens, and other outdoor attractions and recreational activities, Phoenix is a great place to call home.
West Valley Hospital is a 164-bed acute care community hospital serving the southwest valley offering state-of-the-art obstetrics, advanced robotic surgical procedures, full-service emergency services and cardiovascular care.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Women’s diagnostic services
- Enhanced orthopedic procedures